Author Topic: Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)  (Read 5506 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
No but I can put on some gold legs and rails if you want a "gold".

Done deal

Offline erx400

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
I know that people ask $12,000 for the Medieval Madness but I have never seen one actually sell for that much. Correct me if I am wrong. It's a bit like selling your car - asking price and sell price are two very different numbers. Good luck with the sale, I wish I could buy it. I have an Stern Elvis for trade (I am original owner in as new condition). I value it at $8500  &&. Maybe we can do a deal?

You must be new to pinball because plenty of MM's in the past few years have sold for more than $12k.
Oscar sold an MM last month for $11.5k on another forum.
Best 2x trade offers I have received so far (Not from anyone here) - ACDC Pro/POTC/T3 & IronMan/Shadow/Demoman

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »
I know that people ask $12,000 for the Medieval Madness but I have never seen one actually sell for that much. Correct me if I am wrong. It's a bit like selling your car - asking price and sell price are two very different numbers. Good luck with the sale, I wish I could buy it. I have an Stern Elvis for trade (I am original owner in as new condition). I value it at $8500  &&. Maybe we can do a deal?

You must be new to pinball because plenty of MM's in the past few years have sold for more than $12k.
Best 2x trade offers I have received so far (Not from anyone here) - ACDC Pro/POTC/T3 & IronMan/Shadow/Demoman

Forget about any combo involving the ACDC Pro. The market value on that title is dropping faster than a lead balloon.

IM and Shadow combo looks like the optimum deal to me from that choice as both are highly regarded.

Good luck with the trade if it works out for you.  ^^^

PS: Sold a restored MM back in May for north of the figure stated above - one of the first things the buyer mentioned during pre-deal discussions was the MM remake, so the market knows but is still happy to pay the asking price for original anyway.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »
I know that people ask $12,000 for the Medieval Madness but I have never seen one actually sell for that much. Correct me if I am wrong. It's a bit like selling your car - asking price and sell price are two very different numbers. Good luck with the sale, I wish I could buy it. I have an Stern Elvis for trade (I am original owner in as new condition). I value it at $8500  &&. Maybe we can do a deal?

Both fair  deals. No doubt MM is dropping with the remake. The MM on eBay has failed to sell and is now dropped to around 10.5k from memory.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:14:54 AM by RottyGuy »

Offline erx400

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »

Forget about any combo involving the ACDC Pro. The market value on that title is dropping faster than a lead balloon.

IM and Shadow combo looks like the optimum deal to me from that choice as both are highly regarded.

Good luck with the trade if it works out for you.  ^^^

PS: Sold a restored MM back in May for north of the figure stated above - one of the first things the buyer mentioned during pre-deal discussions was the MM remake, so the market knows but is still happy to pay the asking price for original anyway.

Both are fair trades just trying to decide which one I should accept.
Looking at ACDC Pro I can't believe how much they stripped out of it from the premium unlike say Metallica Pro (Which I already own). ACDC Pro would only be useful on location I think. POTC I've never played & read mixed feelings about it while T3 is a fun cheaper Stern which I like.

With the other offer I love IM, Enjoy Shadow & Demoman well I'd take T3 over it.

I can't see decent MM's falling below $10k, People always out there that would take the 1997 original over the 2014 remake.
Will be interesting a couple of years from now on how both MM 1997 & 2014 prices settle.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »

Good luck with the trade if it works out for you.  ^^^

Both are fair trades just trying to decide which one I should accept.
Looking at ACDC Pro I can't believe how much they stripped out of it from the premium unlike say Metallica Pro (Which I already own). ACDC Pro would only be useful on location I think. POTC I've never played & read mixed feelings about it while T3 is a fun cheaper Stern which I like.

With the other offer I love IM, Enjoy Shadow & Demoman well I'd take T3 over it.

I can't see decent MM's falling below $10k, People always out there that would take the 1997 original over the 2014 remake.
Will be interesting a couple of years from now on how both MM 1997 & 2014 prices settle.

I agree about the only useful on location comment. It was a cheap and easy way to entice operators to shell out some cash and try one on site at a time when the onsite market was contracting.

Standard ACDC Pros will become even more obsolete now and take another detrimental hit to value with the new improved Pro models announced from Stern.

Offline erx400

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 12:00:09 AM »

I agree about the only useful on location comment. It was a cheap and easy way to entice operators to shell out some cash and try one on site at a time when the onsite market was contracting.

Standard ACDC Pros will become even more obsolete now and take another detrimental hit to value with the new improved Pro models announced from Stern.

Yeah so glad I didn't go thru with the ACDC Pro trade, Wonder how far used & NIB ACDC Pros will slide now?

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »

Yeah so glad I didn't go thru with the ACDC Pro trade, Wonder how far used & NIB ACDC Pros will slide now?

< 4k b4 Xmas.   &&

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
Have seen on other forms that the price has dropped for a MM ...
only 2K US more that price as a new Stern Pro ... (US)
it always comes to supply and demand.. it is only just a pin...

It will take a bit more time here to happen here... #@#

Maybe the hype for this pin is over as there are some great new stern titles out there
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:54:57 PM by pinoffski »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »
As all the remakes come out the prices will drop! Poor buggers that payed 11k for a MM whats next CV and AFM watch those drop good times for buyers :-) I still laugh at people who think pinball is an investment.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »
As all the remakes come out the prices will drop! Poor buggers that payed 11k for a MM whats next CV and AFM watch those drop good times for buyers :-) I still laugh at people who think pinball is an investment.
+1 Peter, smart people use their head to make money decisions not their heart. I think most us (not all) are in it coz we like the hobby and when you're obsessed/possessed by something, good decision making goes out the door.  I can think of better ways to get a return on your dollar, but I can't think of many better ways to have such fun  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »
+1 Peter, smart people use their head to make money decisions not their heart. I think most us (not all) are in it coz we like the hobby and when you're obsessed/possessed by something, good decision making goes out the door.  I can think of better ways to get a return on your dollar, but I can't think of many better ways to have such fun  ^^^

+1

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »

I agree with your comments, Peter. But irrespective of the remakes and horribly done refakes, the gameplay does not change for those who keep the game as they LOVE the machine. Years ago, MM was a "status symbol" and centrepiece of a cookie cutter collection. I think owners that bought the game, love the game and they rarely change hands. The inflated pricetag is not the fault of the private sellers, it is the fault of greedy dealers. I have not personally seen or heard of a SOLD MM for more than $9500. Ive seen many advertised for $11,000 ish, but no proof that they sold.

Going on customer requests, AFM and CV have well surpassed MM on demand. AFM in particular, and customers are willing to pay MM prices for restored examples.

The "pinball is an investment" line was a comment laughed at for many years.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »

+2

Well said.

Offline Sgtmax

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »

I agree with your comments, Peter. But irrespective of the remakes and horribly done refakes, the gameplay does not change for those who keep the game as they LOVE the machine. Years ago, MM was a "status symbol" and centrepiece of a cookie cutter collection. I think owners that bought the game, love the game and they rarely change hands. The inflated pricetag is not the fault of the private sellers, it is the fault of greedy dealers. I have not personally seen or heard of a SOLD MM for more than $9500. Ive seen many advertised for $11,000 ish, but no proof that they sold.

Going on customer requests, AFM and CV have well surpassed MM on demand. AFM in particular, and customers are willing to pay MM prices for restored examples.

The "pinball is an investment" line was a comment laughed at for many years.

I sold mine for around 11.5 mark last year