Author Topic: when pinball does not matter  (Read 6794 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: when pinball does not matter
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Hey Jady,

Hope some good news isn't too far away.

Andy

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »
Im heading out to Gatesheat this sat with my kids Jady. Their 6 &nearly 8 I can bring them in to see her if you want. It might cheer her up a bit. I know you dont turn on your mobile for days you tech savy guy lol. so call me and let me know. I take it your at the Mater by the pic, I spent a lot of time there myself when I had hodgkins. She is in very good hands mate.
Bren
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »
Hang in there swinks. Wishing your little one a speedy recovery,  and happier times ahead.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
Sorry to hear that mate. I hope all goes well for your daughter. It is always very scary when you see your kids in such a vulnerable position. Best wishes for your family, you sure have had a tough time of late

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:15:37 PM »
been at the hospital for a 36 hr stint and home now for a hopeful slightly better sleep ready for tomorrow.

The good news is that the paediatric team gave the orthopaedic a kick up the arse and said this should of been faster actioning within 2 days not 6 now and they have taken over yesterday after my wife and I stirred up a hornets nest. They quickly did lots of scans and believe that they have narrowed done to septic arthritis of the hip and leg bone that goes in the hip. They started heavy duty anti-biotics and she goes into surgery tomorrow midday for relieving of pressure and a wash out and hopefully collect a living sample of the crap in there to determine what bug is causing the issue, then traction and heavy anti-biotics for 6-8 weeks tailor made as the paediatric team have got the infectious disease team involved and will tailor the antibiotics to hopefully pull her out of trouble. Still many unknowns and risks but we have no choice now and will take up to 3 months to determine any permanent damage to her bones.

thanks for the kind words and offer for visits but will hold off on any visitors for a little while.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re: Re: when pinball does not matter
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »
Firstly I hope that your daughter pulls through and everything turns out ok. I thought I was having a bad year but at least my kids are healthy. This year I have had to sell all of my pinball machines ( I had 15) due to a failed business. To quote Rudy "its only pinball"
Chin up things have to get better at some point.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 04:01:10 AM »
Just another supportive post

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
a little update:

Kalarna is safe after the operation with the pressure released from the hip and she now is a little more comfortable though still in traction until Monday at this stage, now comes the identification of the bacteria and matching the right anti-biotics to make her well. As for the any bone damage, we won't know for a little while after 6 weeks of meds and probably some more scans.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »
Good to hear she's come through the operation well Jady, kids are more resiliant than we oftern give them credit for and least now the process has started and progress is being made. Take care mate and all the best to your little one, I hope all news is positive and she gets back to good heath soon.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.
Sometimes life feels like a rollercoaster, and all you can do is hold on and ride it out.

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »
Really sorry to hear about your daughter Jady. I'm sure you'll pull through as a family.

My son was diagnosed with cancer back in 2004 when he was 1 and we spent the next 2 years in hospital in Sydney. All good now and but it was a virtual nightmare to go through so I understand a bit of your situation. Any time you need to chat I can always lend an ear.

All the best mate

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
We are continuing to think of you and your family in these difficult times and were happy to hear that the operation went well.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 12:49:28 PM »
great news mate, tell her all the boys at aussiepin are thinking of her
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »
Great to hear she isnt in as much pain. hopefully all news is good from here on. ^^^
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Limorange

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
All the best for the little trooper, unfortunately life throws you these curve balls and it isn't always fair, but I'm sure she will kick this in the arse and bounce back.
Best wishes, Shane.