Author Topic: ** (CFTBL) Creature Retro Snackbar Mod**  (Read 33898 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: ** (CFTBL) Creature Retro Snackbar Mod**
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
thanks guys - very much appreciated,

also started working on another cool mod for the creature - this one will hopefully appeal to people that love the classic cars  #@#
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 06:05:39 AM »
Very cool mate, well done  ()
now that's saying something. ktm450 generally dislikes mods, so saying its cool is a major compliment swinksy  ^^^
That is very true, Swinksy's snackbar looks like it should have been there all along

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
50 sets of laminated vinyl profile cut decals arrived today and are a beautiful fit and look great (I think).

I ended up doing the world OPEN in red to tie in with the red dome and some of the insert art on the playfield. The guys at Art & Soul colour matched the blue in the decals to a paint sample I supplied so everything flows. In addition I chose a spray pack can of a well known brand so anyone around the world can colour match it they get some scuffs - Tamiya TS-41. Lastly the pink ring around the dome was chosen to give / enhance a nice glow and tie in with the pinks in the game.

The remaining holes in the top still need screws and I did apply the decals to my 3d printed top and base plate which will be the finished product of much higher quality as these will be made externally.

Also the elwire in this tester is pink so photographs a little funny as it was on at the time of taking photos and I also don't have the el-wire properly restrained as it will be swapped out in the the externally made prototype in the next week or 2 and pink won't be the standard colour used.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:53:15 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
few more

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »
That looks so good mate well done

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
Big thanks to Beaky as he is making all my power supply leads for this mod. The power will be gained from J116,117 or 118 with a z connector supplied as well as a 2 metre lead including a fuse holder and fuse as I want to ensure no power can feedback from the inverter back to the circuit board causing damage. This might be a slight over kill but worth it in peace of mind for myself and every customer that buys one of these mods. I will then solder the inverter to the power lead and bench test every lead, inverter and el wire installed kit before sending out to customers.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
Great work - keep it up.  Be nice to purchase an aussie made mod.  US shipping has been killing me.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
well a little update….

I have nearly all the parts to do a batch of 25-50 - from light domes, decals, plug and play wire looms, small bolts etc. I received the 6 test tops and these look very nice with the only parts left are 25 sets of SS base plates to come (a few slight supply issues).

I was cautious on the tops due to using a new company and them being the most expensive part so didn't want to spend up big in case of issues, but so far they fit in my machine on to the prototype base plate and look real nice. I should have these 6 units ready to go out to my testers in the next 7-10 days and then I will order 20 tops to get the first production batch happening.

Here are the 6 tops ready for filler undercoat ready for a nice finish

Here are the six units with the medium filler paint. Not that there are pits I just had the paint and since the parts are white it helps define any slight issues and seals them up - like I said these are nice and am very happy with them.

I should have the prices worked out by this weekend to help people decide it they still want to get a unit and stay on the list.

Test units are going to a few in Aus as well as US and Canada and one hopefully will make it in the flesh to the Pinball Show in Chicago in Oct.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
Great work - keep it up.  Be nice to purchase an aussie made mod.  US shipping has been killing me.

Well if you want one, you will be happy to know that you are no:1 on the production list if you decide to keep your spot

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GAP

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 11:01:42 PM »
Could you add my name to the list as well please.

Graeme

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
Could you add my name to the list as well please.

Graeme

Cheers, you're on the list
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:17:35 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
test batch of 6 update
- tops are painted and curing so decals on soon
- laser base plates should be in tomorrow
- harnesses finished
- writing up a install manual
- tooling up with a custom 12 vdc tester to test the every wiring harness, inverter and el wire kit - see pics below

12vdc tester
my unit will have a plug in power pack connected to the appropriate pins so instead of plugging every kit to my back box circuit board I can plug up to 3 units at a time into the test box and test for 15 minutes each - QA testing before despatch. It will also be good to experiment and compare el wire inverters and different glow intensities or have 3 units with different coloured el wire plugged in at the same time.

this box will be available at Shapeways soon if anyone wants to create there own plug tester for mods etc - you will just need the box and 3 z connectors (available at Pinball Life). In addition you can mix it up and you could have one plug for 5 vdc testing the others for 12 vdc testing.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
6 test units are painted, decaled and el wire fitted after these photos.

You will notice one unit with SS screws and washers and the other with just black screws. The black screws blend in and disappear into the decal and the SS fit in with the chrome of the game and cars. It will be a personal taste thing provided in the kit for people to swap in and settle with the ones they like. People will also be able to swap out the el wire to a different colour for $10 and swap out the dome cover for a dollar - so it is a mod that you can then personalise (though you will have to purchase these separately yourself)

In each kit there will be spares so each customer has the option to mix it up and play with the look to how they like it. Therefore since I do not want to mark the decal in any way I will leave the dome top for the customer to fit which is only a 2 minute job.

SS brackets are due tomorrow as the laser company decided to send them on a country tour to everywhere but to me. Once I get them I can finalise and will list the price, along with pictures of the completed unit and then finish the manual of how to fit. These units will be ready to post out next Monday so hopefully some feedback soon - 2 x AP members and 3 x Pinsiders with one being installed hopefully on a machine at Pinball Expo.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:17:48 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
SS base mounting plates arrived and perfect fit, decal on then locator posts and then the top can be screwed down onto the posts.

Will post prices and finished installed mod over the weekend, and then start producing them.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:15:29 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
Your attention to detail is incredible swinks. I don't have a creature but would snap one of these up if I did!