Author Topic: Metal Cabinet Protectors now in stock - ready to ship  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Dluth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Metal Cabinet Protectors now in stock - ready to ship
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »
I thought I'd give a brief review of these and how I installed them. It's my understanding that their chief advantage comes from installing them on cabinets with decalled artwork, as other protectors have been knows to cause wrinkling in the decals. I don't know either way, but it seems to make sense, as with these protectors, the leg does not come into contact with the decal at all, nor does the protector. All I can say is that after a month of fairly hard use, my recently applied Indiana Jones decals are showing no signs of wrinkling or any other type of degradation. You can actually see a tiny gap between the top of the leg and the cabinet. So a big thumbs up for the product, well done Homepin.  ^^^

Onto installation - it couldn't be easier really. First you attach the protector using the leg bolts (picture 1)
Then, carefully cut around the protector with a sharp blade. Remove the protector and peel off the cut part of the decal (picture 2)
Now attach the protector again over the bare wood, and careully make drill a small hole in the two screw holes. Finish by screwing in the supplied screws (picture 3)
Picture 4 shows the final result!