Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28497 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
A mates at expo in Chicago here's another topper :)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Some people just cant seem to remove the Stern brain slug can they.

Stern make some good games every now and then but they are not the beginning and the end of the pinball universe.

At the moment stern are the only "real" pinball manufacturers! WOZ was a massive fail from the start there's a MM re-fake and a few boutique guys. So thank god Stern are around making it possible and choice on a new game :) yeah there not perfect but nor was Bally/Williams they have some great boat anchors lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
See how cool the Walking Dead translite looks when lit up.
The faces have a grainy effect like rotten meat . When u see one in person up close and personal, you realise whoever did the final artwork was a genius. The way the zombie faces are drawn , it give them a deep 3 D effec. Very cool.
I reckon Stern will sell the toppers like hot cakes, as well as the shooter zombie nob and the sideart. Those prices seem fine. I reckon the body armour prices will come down.
I bet they do a package deal at a reduced price if u buy the lot of the mods in one hit. Call it a zombie battle pack or something for a Bigger $$ saving . Everyone I know who is ordering the Pro is already sayin yes to most mods.

What will sterns next model and next batch if mods be.... Interesting times ahead for pinball.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:33:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »
The faces have a grainy effect like rotten meat . When u see one in person up close and personal, you realise whoever did the final artwork was a genius. The way the zombie faces are drawn , it give them a deep 3 D effec. Very cool.
I reckon Stern will sell the toppers like hot cakes, as well as the shooter zombie nob and the sideart. Those prices seem fine. I reckon the body armour prices will come down.
I bet they do a package deal at a reduced price if u buy the lot of the mods in one hit. Call it a zombie battle pack or something for a Bigger $$ saving . Everyone I know who is ordering the Pro is already sayin yes to most mods.

What will sterns next model and next batch if mods be.... Interesting times ahead for pinball.

Be better if it didn't have AMC on it

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »
Up and running at Timezone Surfers Paradise...

Thankyou Rob for the photo.
Good line up there.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2014, 03:25:09 PM »

Be better if it didn't have AMC on it

Agree. Maybe a zombie picture or a small gold plaque with John Borgs signature placed over it might work.
AMC ofcourse wants their name advertised so Stern were probably stuck with little choice.
I can say that the rest of the translite artwork is superb, so maybe it will be less noticeable once u play the game a bit, but it does stick out now that you look for it.
The red glow in the bottom right corner around the young zombie girl looks awesome on the lit translite.
The big scary zombie dude right in the middle is the scary-est mother farker to look at. Looks like he is going to just jump out and bite you. Lol

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Is that Back box lighting standard stern or been coin taker modded ?

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »
Some people just cant seem to remove the Stern brain slug can they.

Stern make some good games every now and then but they are not the beginning and the end of the pinball universe.

At the moment stern are the only "real" pinball manufacturers! WOZ was a massive fail from the start there's a MM re-fake and a few boutique guys. So thank god Stern are around making it possible and choice on a new game :) yeah there not perfect but nor was Bally/Williams they have some great boat anchors lol

My sentiments exactly. Criticise Stern all you want, but what other pinball company is pumping out two to three new pinball machines per year? And we can harp on about incomplete code, but I'd rather see two new titles out in the wild and get regular code updates than one title every two years.

I hope Jersey Jack can work up to that level. Will wait and see how the Planetary Pinball re - makes hold up board wise, but it's great to see old titles being re - made.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »
Is that Back box lighting standard stern or been coin taker modded ?

It doesn't look modded. On my Walking Dead translite there is red colour around the little zombie girl in the bottom right corner. I am waiting for the www.pinballnews.com.au Walking Dead articles where they take dozens n dozens of photos of the machine inside and out. Then we will know for sure....

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »
At $500 the " side armour trim" needs to be a lot more than some CNC routed sheet with a print on top you would think

Plenty of buyers can't hand over $10k plus quick enough on a game they haven't played. I'm sure many will buy these new mods.

I did look at buying TWD and approached AMD regarding their finance option which isn't actually an AMD finance option.. its finance through a broker they pass you onto. If I was to own a modern Stern game then this would be it... title is bang on the mark.. art package looks good etc. But at $10300 + finance for the LE its waaay too steep for what it is... my shed extension im building to house all these babies comes under that. If I thought they ( Stern) had done this title true justice, id probably sign up for a PRO, but that lump of plastic/ rubber thing just kills it for me.. add the pops and im out. Figured there was no point in buying anything other than the LE as each time you played it, that lump was a permanent reminder that you couldn't get the LE. I would have rather they done away with it altogether on the PRO seeing as its pointless.
The topper looks cool but im scratching my head on the pricing of these items.... would have thought the topper would be the $500 item, not the blades

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »
IF u owned a modern Stern that had a bash toy like X Men, you would know that the bash toy is interactive and far from pointless. It is a timed shot with inserts that light up in different modes and then u get bonuses for multiple hits during other modes and so on. The bash toys are far from pointless if u understand the game rules etc etc etc.
Like the last 5 years, I bet you won't buy a BNIB Stern in the next five years regardless what Stern bring out.
You don't have to buy a LE to get a smokin hot fun Stern game. The Pro models usually play faster and are more challenging according to Stern. I agree. And at $6500 to $7100 delivered etc, they are still great value to those who can afford a BNIB machine when u compare the average $3000 plus price of most reasonable 1990s DMD machines.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »
Ive played Xmen at Cows place and much preferred it over Iron Man... don't recall the bash toy being a great feature though.

Like the last 5 years, I bet you won't buy a BNIB Stern in the next five years regardless what Stern bring out.

Well seeing as TWD is the ONLY Stern title ive even considered buying id say your money is safe..... IF I was to spend $10K+ then TBL would be better buying IMO, that machine looks slick.
Space and monsters are 2 great themes for any game and much of my collection is deliberately around these 2 themes. Its a given that id consider TWD, but for me, I just needed Stern to step away from their usual recipe... something they cant quite seem to do im afraid.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »
Yeah the Wolverine bash toy is pretty damn pointless and useless, except for the magnet in front of it.
It is very prone to breaking and cracking as well.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:32:53 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
Yeah the Wolverine bash toy is pretty damn pointless and useless, except for the magnet in front of it.

Of the dozen people I know with X Men pinnies, none of them have ever had a cracked or broken bash toy or any hassle with the magnet ! I have never seen a sited machine with these hassles either.
Do u have any photos of your bash toy broken or cracked or the magnet not working ?

Back to the Walking Dead. Some good photos on Sterns Facebook page.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »

Of the dozen people I know with X Men pinnies, none of them have ever had a cracked or broken bash toy or any hassle with the magnet ! I have never seen a sited machine with these hassles either.
Do u have any photos of your bash toy broken or cracked or the magnet not working ?

Back to the Walking Dead. Some good photos on Sterns Facebook page.

Don't get sucked in Brett its stern haters hating lol does make it fun reading :)