Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28486 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2014, 01:37:02 PM »
 ::)
This is not hating. Stern make some good games, Xmen among them but it is a FACT that there have been problems with the wolverine figure and I am not the only one who has had the figure break repeatedly. Never had any problems with the magnet, just the figure.
Congrats to someone who bought the game and had no problems with it but that doesn't mean it has not happened to others.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
If yours has broken Darren, then fair enough.

Did u get a replacement out of Stern directly or did AMD help you.
When I purchased a spare yellow Wolverine figure and the red Magneto figure to make a custom topper, I purchased from AMD and they were less than $60 each from memory, but that's a guess cause it was a year ago so don't quote me on the $ figure. I think I paid cost cause I have bought several new Sterns and AMD are always excellent to say the least.
AMD did have to order them in specially for me as they didn't need to carry them in stock.

If the Walking Dead is even close to X Men for fun and gameplay, a lot of people will be very very happy.

I am going to take my 5 yr old son Hunter to play The Walking Dead tonight and hope to snap some videos and some photos on the new I.Phone. Happy days.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
The two X-Men I've looked at both had broken / cracked wolverine figures. I was told by an X-Men owner that there was even going to be a mod to prevent this from happening. So it is definitely not an isolated case.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2014, 02:14:58 AM »
The two X-Men I've looked at both had broken / cracked wolverine figures. I was told by an X-Men owner that there was even going to be a mod to prevent this from happening. So it is definitely not an isolated case.

Never heard of rubber cracking cause they are not made of plastic.
Anyway, will be good to see IF a mod comes to light.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2014, 02:24:19 AM »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
PLAYED THE WALKING DEAD PRO TONIGHT

Played the game at Timezone and I really liked it.
It feels like and plays like a widebody cause of the design.
The audio and dots are excellent. The insert LEDs and all the general illumination LEDs are awesome not to mention the many hidden Leds n flashers hidden everywhere like in the jail house and under ramps etc etc etc.
The machine is finished really really well.

The bright white LEDs on the playfield take a little to get used to but do look amazing and really light the machine up.
Some will change a few whites to red or green or blue, but any small mod like that will be a great enhancement.

THE BASH TOY is interactive. It leans back exposing red bright LEDs on the Pro model and is fun to hit.
The jailhouse doors opening up and the zombie appearing is very cool.

If u like the theme and u like a zombie games with a fast wide open playfield with plenty to shoot for, I reckon u will like this pinball machine. I loved it cause I loved the show and I really like John Borgs design and flow. This game makes u chase your shots carefully and is fun.

I went there ready to admit that if I didn't like it, I would report that, but I did like it a lot.
Its different to X Men and Star Trek and ACDC etc, so that was a big attraction to me.
I reckon if you like wide open n fast, u will like this.
Audio and artwork are awesome.

Hope others get to play it and enjoy it .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:50:55 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2014, 02:32:39 AM »

Most people don't know that one of the arms on the Wolverine toy comes off and on the way it is designed to seperate.
I do see the cracking around the base. Maybe early games didn't have the rubber moulded toys that my game came with. Might be the answer. Thanks for sharing the photos .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2014, 02:57:57 AM »
There were women tonight playing the pinball machines aged between 20 and 35 yrs of age who were all absolutely smokin hot model material.
One girl was so stunning, I was lost for words she was so beautiful.

Girls dig guys with pinballs she told my brother !
My brother was speechless until we drove home and he talked about this girl being an absolute keeper. Lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:19 AM »

The audio and dots are excellent. The insert LEDs and all the general illumination LEDs are awesome not to mention the many hidden Leds n flashers hidden everywhere like in the jail house and under ramps etc etc etc.

The bright white LEDs on the playfield take a little to get used to but do look amazing and really light the machine up.
Some will change a few whites to red or green or blue, but any small mod like that will be a great enhancement.

THE BASH TOY is interactive. It leans back exposing red bright LEDs on the Pro model and is fun to hit.

If u like the theme and u like a zombie games with a fast wide open playfield with plenty to shoot for, I reckon u will like this pinball machine. I loved it cause I loved the show and I really like John Borgs design and flow. This game makes u chase your shots carefully and is fun.

I went there ready to admit that if I didn't like it, I would report that, but I did like it a lot.
Its different to X Men and Star Trek and ACDC etc, so that was a big attraction to me.

..It was a given...

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »
Still havnt seen one and don't think ill be buying one.  If the premium option was available I'd have considered it.

Can't afford two LE work benches and the pro just doesn't have the features :(

Plus I look at bit Acdc and Metallica and think pffftt.  Look at my older games and go how good are these

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:56 PM »
I have played xmen at the pinball comp and am not a fan. But I don't know what to do. I spend a lot of ball time but feel I'm not a achieving anything. What's a strategy to max points on this game? I'm seeing good score being 20m+ and I'm achieving more like the 12-15m and decent game time.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
I have played xmen at the pinball comp and am not a fan. But I don't know what to do. I spend a lot of ball time but feel I'm not a achieving anything. What's a strategy to max points on this game? I'm seeing good score being 20m+ and I'm achieving more like the 12-15m and decent game time.

Haha this is always my issue with my Stern pinballs. Gorgar has acted as coach on a few occasions....I then go home and back to my life of average scoring.

I want to play The Walking Dead....and want to own Iron Man at the moment....With The Big Lebowski pipe dream for the future.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »

The easiest way Rob to get high scores on X Men or any Stern is to follow the factory score cards.
If u are playing to maximise points versus playing for long balls, score cards are the way.
Also, the centre shot straight up the middle where you lock balls under Magneto will get u multiball and with it lots of points. The list goes on.
I don't play for points every game otherwise some shots on some pinballs get too repetitive.
I try to get as many modes as possible and all the different audio and dot matrix displays with it.
See if the score cards help.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »

If u like the theme and u like a zombie games with a fast wide open playfield with plenty to shoot for, I reckon u will like this pinball machine. I loved it cause I loved the show and I really like John Borgs design and flow. This gamei makes u chase your shots carefully and is fun.

..It was a given...

It was a given that only you would say it was a given !  %.%

I enjoyed Walking Dead.
I played the latest version of Ironman. It was even more wide open playfield.
Ironman is a beautiful looking game but it was too open for me. If I bought a 2nd hand one at the right price I would add it for others to play.
I played Star Trek LE and The Premium version. Didn't mind them but had more fun on Mustang Pro and Walking Dead.
Not every Stern game is going to be a keeper, even to a Stern fan. That's a given.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2014, 12:17:12 AM »
Went and played The Walking Dead Pro again at Timezone Surfers Paradise tonight. First night was Sat night and then again tonight cause I wanted to hear the audio on the various pinnys which is impossible on a busy sat night...

I found out that they have 2 x Walking Dead Pros inside, I found another Walking Dead pinny next to a second Mustang Pro I found on the other side of the games centre. Also found another Star Trek Premium and another new Ironman Pro.

I enjoyed the Walking Dead even more tonight being a quiter Sunday night and I could hear all the excellent audio.
I am loving this Walking Dead Pro. Finding much more depth and much more shots . Really enjoyable.

Also, Star Trek LE number 640 caught on FIRE literally. The coil under the starship locked on and the smoke and fire started. And when I say smoke, I mean farkin heaps of it. I turned it off instantly and told the attendant. I honestly reckon if this game was left on or restarted for another 30 or 60 seconds, Star Trek LE no 640 would have burnt to the ground and taken all the other pins with it. You think they unplugged it, or put a sign up, No ! Just switched it off only. Prime example of a game played 12 to 16 hrs a day, 7 days a week and never serviced.

Anyway, Walking Dead was fun, we had a blast and was worth the 2nd trip for sure.
Flippers on all the machines down there seem weak. Something I don't like about sited machines that get more games in a day at Surfers Paradise Timezone than a game would get in a year at somebody's house.

The 2 x Walking Dead Pros were running flat out and surprisingly , women seem to love this zombie theme.
I heard one girl telling her husband to add it to their collection.
Now, that's a really decent wife if I could ever say so !

Zombie zombie zombie. Lol $#$

P.S - Mustang Pro was really fun. The Pro has an excellent playfield lightshow if I have ever seen one. If u like car themed pinnys, u would prob love Mustang Pro .
After playing Mustang Pro, I want one to add next to the Walking Dead Pro.

Had a blast !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:26:40 AM by Caveoftreasures »