Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28436 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:36 AM »

The first photo is my game, first wolverine figure where the arm fell off during gameplay.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »
PLAYED THE WALKING DEAD PRO TONIGHT

Played the game at Timezone and I really liked it.
It feels like and plays like a widebody cause of the design.
The audio and dots are excellent. The insert LEDs and all the general illumination LEDs are awesome not to mention the many hidden Leds n flashers hidden everywhere like in the jail house and under ramps etc etc etc.
The machine is finished really really well.

The bright white LEDs on the playfield take a little to get used to but do look amazing and really light the machine up.
Some will change a few whites to red or green or blue, but any small mod like that will be a great enhancement.

THE BASH TOY is interactive. It leans back exposing red bright LEDs on the Pro model and is fun to hit.
The jailhouse doors opening up and the zombie appearing is very cool.

If u like the theme and u like a zombie games with a fast wide open playfield with plenty to shoot for, I reckon u will like this pinball machine. I loved it cause I loved the show and I really like John Borgs design and flow. This game makes u chase your shots carefully and is fun.

I went there ready to admit that if I didn't like it, I would report that, but I did like it a lot.
Its different to X Men and Star Trek and ACDC etc, so that was a big attraction to me.
I reckon if you like wide open n fast, u will like this.
Audio and artwork are awesome.

Hope others get to play it and enjoy it .

..It was a given...

I have played it, it looks nice in the flesh and the artwork was very good.
Unfortunately this is where it ends for the moment with this game.
Needs major code work, audio is very poor and callouts are awful.
It has a good game in it wanting to come out but needs major code work and a revision on audio.
The bash toy was just another bash toy...meh
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Some games u play and u like them instantly, or not.
I have added all this detail/few posts for those who haven't played the game yet but are interested in this new title so u can get a feel for the game if u want to read a bit of my experience or feedback so far.

For me, the first time I walked up to the Walking Dead machine, I loved the look and feel of the playfield layout.
Firstly, the large amount of white bright LEDs all over the playfield against the earthy tones of the playfield was distinctively different to any Stern I have seen before. The playfield has a lot more shots than the eye sees when u first look at it. Only when u play it, do you realise there is quite a few lane ways and feedback lanes and full orbit shots that you don't see until u play it.

The jailhouse doors which open with the large zombie head is cool. The hidden red Led flashers inside the jailhouse that light up a lot during gameplay is a nice colour contrast. I also found that the magnet which sits INFRONT of the jailhouse grabs the ball and throws the ball backwards and forwards. I found the audio and code to be excellent even though it is early code but there is a lot of variation already, espescially with the excellent dot matrix annimations.

Another shot I discovered was that you can shoot the ball back into the shooter lane by another unseen lane etc.
Some people may change a few of the white only LEDs on some inserts to maybe a blood red if u wanted to do some really cool Led mods to personalise your own game. I am not sure how many or if I would change the Leds etc, but its a thought. I think a few red LEDs would look amazing, maybe one or two blue or green somewhere would set each other colour right off. There are a massive amount of inserts.
I found the ramp shots to be fast and not too easy or hard.
I think I have learnt about 30 percent about the Pro with a few dozen games. The more I play it I think I will find more and more to like.
The only criticism is that the noise levels at Timezone are so loud, u can't even hear the Callouts or audio much at all... I went there on a Sunday night, the quietest time of the week, so I am at a loss to see how anyone could detail or praise or criticise the audio and Callouts cause you can't hear any of it properly over all the background noise.

Playing any machine without being able to hear the audio music or Callouts will cut in half your enjoyment for sure.

The sooner all the first batch of Pros reach people's homes after AMD gets its first container in, the quicker I think we will start seeing some glowing reports from new owners. I would be surprised if any owners declare they don't like it in the first few weeks etc. Maybe someone will, but I reckon people who love the show are going to love the game cause it is sooo different and it looks so dam nice overall.

I am hoping this thread gets full of videos and photos from new Walking a Dead owners.
What I am waiting for most is the www.pinballnews.com.au full game review with all its photos n glory.

One thing I would do to the Well Walker a Bash Toy, is that I would add some bright red paint with a little paint brush to brighten him up a bit with more gore and blood colour. I think you could even add a few black spots or marks to the Well Walker toy as well to give it some more contrast and rotten black flesh bits n pieces. Other than that, I can't think of anything I would add except the factory topper and maybe the little fish tank from the LE model if Stern sells it as a spare part. Fun times ahead.
I did take some photos on my i.phone and have to work out how to add them when I get some time.
Looking forward to the AMD container. Then we will see a whack of owners with the Pro and a little later the LE models.

Also, the new Walking Dead show/season is great. Great timing from Stern.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:24:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:57 AM »

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
For Adelaide members, Dickesons at Edwardstown are getting a Pro and a Premium in for hire-outs and siting.
The Pro will be here in a few weeks and the Premium later in the year.
They are the SA agents for AMD so the price is the same as the price on the AMD website + shipping of approx $160

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
I'd get one of these toppers if I had the game.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152779465289244&id=136972659243

Is that the new video of the interactive topper on Sterns Facebook page ?
If so, very cool.

Stern offering for people to win a TWD Pinball machine soon in one of their competitions.
How good is that !

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2014, 02:52:36 AM »
Just realised that the upgrade on the Stern Walking Dead Pro

MAY include

Side armour, 4 legs, lockdown bar, with fire button added, and perhaps the upgraded ? Translite.
On the Stern Facebook page I noticed the listing has slightly changed and the photo shows now the upgraded translite etc.
I may be wrong, but that's how I have interpreted it.
At $499 it's looking more attractive if it includes all of the above......

AMD will do a global email when they have fixed pricing etc.

I took some great photos of the Walking Dead Pro but have to learn how to upload from my I.phone.
Anyone got any helpful advice on how to use this dam I. Phone ?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2014, 08:38:32 AM »
iPhone makes it easy to upload pics firstly get the app Tapatalk and its free :) it's a great forum manager.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #308 on: October 26, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »
I have played xmen at the pinball comp and am not a fan. But I don't know what to do. I spend a lot of ball time but feel I'm not a achieving anything. What's a strategy to max points on this game? I'm seeing good score being 20m+ and I'm achieving more like the 12-15m and decent game time.

The easiest way Rob to get high scores on X Men or any Stern is to follow the factory score cards.
If u are playing to maximise points versus playing for long balls, score cards are the way.
Also, the centre shot straight up the middle where you lock balls under Magneto will get u multiball and with it lots of points. The list goes on.
I don't play for points every game otherwise some shots on some pinballs get too repetitive.
I try to get as many modes as possible and all the different audio and dot matrix displays with it.
See if the score cards help.
thanks will give it a try
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
New code released today for The Walking Dead pinball machines.

Apparently quite a few nice enhancements

www.sternpinball.com

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:48 AM »
A friend in the USA just sent me some video of the new enhancements to her The Walking Dead Pro and the annimations on the DMD are killer !

The flashing lights on the interactive factory topper are also cool.
Some select people have got a factory topper already although not really 100 percent released yet.

Reading the Pro "Read Me" file, there have been a lot of code updates incl lighting changes to make the game a little darker and not so bright on the playfield with all the white insert LEDs.
This game is just getting better.

When I download the Tapatalk app, I will upload photos and some videos for everyone.

This game looks sensational.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2014, 12:13:25 AM »
My beautiful son Hunter playing the Walking Dead and having a blast.
At almost 5 yrs, he is a pinball champ.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »
More photos

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
More photos

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2014, 12:33:42 AM »
More photos when I dump Virgin Mobile forever tomorrow.
On the Gold Coast, their coverage being Optus based is farkin PATHETIC.
Richard Brandson should spend more time fixing his companies than doing daily Public Relation stunts. Lol

Anyway, more photos soon.  ^^^