Author Topic: Re: williams Road King...power suppy and background music board  (Read 244 times)

Offline lanternau

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi , wonder if anyone has the above boards and would be happy to sell them to me.

Cheer

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Hi , wonder if anyone has the above boards and would be happy to sell them to me.

Cheer

What's wrong with your old ones?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I might have the background sound board?

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
I have sound issues. The speech seems ok. The background noise is distorted and it has no play field noise. I have replaced the ROM's and three Op Amps on the music board.,( MC 1458). On thing I did notice is that the -12v is sitting at -14.v? thus the call for a power supply . I replaced the Caps on this one . I reckon ddstoy if you have one I will t buy it off you . It may save me pulling out more of my hair. If you let me know how much and how I will sort it my end. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree? If so I would really appreciate any help. Another thing worth noting is when i press the sound button on the main CPU the sound is very, very,very faint. It has turned out to be a really great game and would like to get it back to 100% (ish) :)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
the -12V is not regulated so -14v is normal
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
Thanks for your response. I will now focus on the Music board...Cheers!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Yep found the board and sent you a PM

Another thing to try is reseat the ribbon cable a few times

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
I'm getting closer!! I tracked down another background music board. This fixed the music issue. Now the voices and music all work. I don't get any play field sounds at all. I was hoping it would be sorted with the new music board. As mentioned previously I have changed all the ROM'S . If I press the sound button on the CPU I get really faint sounds ....cannot really make out what they are.Can anyone give me any clues?
The only other thing that isn't working properly is the right side lightning bolt and rear play field flashers (#63 bulbs) the ones in the back box and left lightning bolt work fine. I replace the Q22 as a matter of course , this did nothing.
The game is well and truly playable and is fantastic to play. These two problems are annoying the crap out of me though.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers