Author Topic: Spiral nails  (Read 228 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Spiral nails
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
Hi guys, does anyone know where to buy these spiral nails? These aren't the cabinet rail nails, they're a lot smaller and hold the chrome guilds onto the timber rails around the perimeter of many playfields.

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
Re: Spiral nails
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:14:35 PM »
Would be keen to know as well !!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:24:28 PM »
Dunno either but you could do as I did and fill the hole with a match stick etc and reuse the nail. My one on embryon has not come out in two years.

Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
Dunno either but you could do as I did and fill the hole with a match stick etc and reuse the nail. My one on embryon has not come out in two years.

Thanks Rob, I'll be doing that as well but a couple of the nail heads are really crooked and just don't sit flat so I'd love to find some new ones. Try googling twisted nails and you end up with lots of pics of colourful twisty stick on finger nails.  *!@

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »
if they are the same diameter as siderail nails then just us the siderail nails cut short.
fill the holes with matches and PVA glue, let it dry then drill a pilot hole and tap them in.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
if they are the same diameter as siderail nails then just us the siderail nails cut short.
fill the holes with matches and PVA glue, let it dry then drill a pilot hole and tap them in.

Thanks for the idea but the side rails nails are probably twice a thick which could be overcome by just drilling a larger diameter hole but the real problem is the nail head on the side rail nail. They are much larger also and would not sit almost flush like these one do. They would have an impact on the way the ball travelled when they past them.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 08:24:45 AM »
Google “hardware nail guide” on an image page and you will see lots of examples without the colourful girlie spiral nails. There are some pinball suppliers o/s who have some.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »
Google “hardware nail guide” on an image page and you will see lots of examples without the colourful girlie spiral nails. There are some pinball suppliers o/s who have some.

Thanks, I'll look into it.