Author Topic: CHEAP Pinball Tools - Masters Hardware only $5 each cased set. BARGAIN !  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
CHEAP Pinball Tools - Masters Hardware only $5 each cased set. BARGAIN !

I went to Masters Hardware today, and they had a few things which caught my eye that I thought would be perfect to use when working on my pinball machines, and for the $5 price I couldn't say NO. Good for the rest of the house/car etc as well.

The first $5 kit, is a 2 piece tool kit with a set of multi-purpose pliers, perfect for holding tight nuts on the under or overside of a pinny, and also included in the kit was a multi-purpose knife, swiss army style job with a dozen different tools as well.
Both large items are finished in a polished metal finish, and the total cost $5 for the lot. Comes in a handy rugged plastic case with latch.
Case is labelled MULTI-TOOL $5

The second case comes with a hand shaped arch ratchet handle with a dozen socket sets, and apx 15 various driver bits. The ratchet handle works like a normal socket driver does with forward n reverse via the usual click. This product is labelled T-HANDLE. Again, $5 and well made.

Last but not least, I bought a Dremmel Style tool kit with 130 watt motor, it has a 218 piece accessory kit, and it comes in a nice carry box with handle.
$39 only (real Dremmel one was apx $160) and I don't need something so expensive to use on the occasional pinball machine job.

So I spent a total of $49 for all 3 items and think it all represents value for money. Everything comes with a full 12 months replacement warranty.

If you have a Masters Hardware nearby, pop past, or go online, check out the few items I mentioned.

I also picked up a Karcher High Pressure Cleaner/Washer for $58 reduced from $99. Identical to the one I borrowed which does driveways n cars very well.
Karcher Model. K2.080

Photos below for the $5 bargains and the $39 Dremmel Style kit - called Wesco WS130MD.  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:01:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
2 x more photos

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Just wanted to share something I just picked up also at Masters Hardware which may be of interest to those who like to work on their own pinball machines, and those members who like the latest in tools for a variety of uses, just not pinball.

I picked up a Dewalt 14.4 volt lithium battery operated Drill which also has Hammer feature, and a chuck size up to 13mm or 15mm from memory which is quite large. The Drill kit came with 2 x Lithium-ion batteries, and a charger plus the case and drill ofcourse.

The surprise, instead of the regular $370 price for the kit, ONLY $245. and its this price apparently for another few weeks to month.

I have various 18Volt Dewalt drills already for the Security business, but for pinball work, the size of this 14.4Volt model was just that much smaller and lighter, and the price was too good to ignore. I have been using Dewalt drills for apx 15 years, and have found them to be second to none in being able to cop a caning all day everyday, and they never let u down. This model has the white LED light that activates when the trigger is pressed so u can see what u are doing, usual latest tech stuff.

If anyone is looking to get a new drill for any reason, or for pinball work, check out the $245 Dewalt kit from Masters.  ^^^

(photos below)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Latest news, Masters have gone bust, so everything is $5 in what's left of the stores  :lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Latest news, Masters have gone bust, so everything is $5 in what's left of the stores  :lol

That was quick... just opened up near me

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
But Sam's Warehouse really has gone bust. Picked up a heap of plastic storage containers

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
Aldi has some really cheap tools in the hobby projects this Saturday only
dont know what they are like
Dremmel type tool 180w ( called hobby tool ) has 3 year warranty only $50

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/saturday-26-july-2014/

scroll down to hobby projects
or if you are into laundry stuff ...lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:38:40 PM by pinoffski »