Author Topic: elektra issues  (Read 1988 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: elektra issues
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
quote from one of your above posts
 "Also I run up over 20 elektra points and then let the ball finish so I could see if it went to elektra mode (lower playfeild) still no action. But when I held in the test button ( under the playfeild ) I could use the bottom flippers (top flippers stopped working)."

do the bottom flippers still work when you press the button or do they no longer work?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 02:01:06 PM »
Bottom flippers work in elektra mode only when holding in the test button. No lights at all with or without test button.
HOS

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »
When you go into lamp test does the relay click?

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 05:43:04 PM »
Yep clicks and lights up.
HOS

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 06:14:59 PM »
 !@#. WTF

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »
Yep meto. Had beaky  ^^^ ^^^ on the phone. Few discussions we may have sorted it out. That's a big may. Will post the results once investigations are completed.  ()
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
While waiting for the board to be repaired. I did a bit of carpentry.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
So I think I have sorted out the lower playfield issue.

After beakys magic touch it is all working.

This is a lesson in triple checking. I found that some of the harness wiring was connected to the wrong plugs (on the harness). I never really checked the machine when I bought it just thought all the plugs were plugged together so they looked fine.

What I found was the aux lamp board cables on the back of the back glass door were connected together. So the CPU was telling the aux board to do this and that which was fine, but the cabling was basically back feeding itself and blowing up the ic chips on the aux board.

The cables were in a mess tied up so never noticed plus the other ends were also joined together and sitting in the bottom above the speaker so I never seen them till I started fishing around.

So lesson learnt double even triple check.

So it's great to have a fully working machine now just a bit of tidying up to do with the harness and straighten a few switches and bingo done.

Not sure if I will paint the cabinet tho as its a lot of work I did notice they have stencils now for this machine.

Thanks heaps every one for your tips and advice.

Also a big  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ thumps up for beaky the magician.

HOS

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
What a relief!!  Shame you did not notice it earlier - they were some very strange symptoms you were getting ^&^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
glad its all sorted
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »
Slowly getting through all the faults on this machine. Just sorted out a solonoid issue. But now after I have completed all the problems another one appears. I swear these things are just like a used car......

I'm assuming this is a switch problem but at the start of the game the machine kicks out both balls. I haven't checked the kick out switches (don't no the technical term). Any body have any ideas in regards to this will be checking out the issue tomorrow night.

I have noticed however the middle switch in the kick out lane has always been dodgy so I will start there. It's a old switch and the wire bracket is a bit dodgy too.

Currently have two balls in the machine.
HOS