Author Topic: Rescue 911  (Read 274 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
Rescue 911
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
Hi all, A friend has the above mentioned machine. Problem is that the helicopter cannot pick up the ball as it seems the magnet is not turning on.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rescue 911
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:18 PM »
Fire the magnet via the test mode in the machines menu/test settings. If you hear the relay or magnet clicking in or out, place a ball near the magnet to see if the magnet works or not. If u hear the relay clicking, it probably means the magnet is fried only and you can replace the magnet easily. If you don't hear the relay clicking then it may be a loose wire or a problem on the board. Follow the wiring back from the magnet and check for disconnected wires or broken wires. Do you or your friend have a manual for the machine, would be worth checking the wiring diagram for the offending magnet and its circuit. Hope it helps.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
Check the wires from the magnet back to the Playfield these do a huge amount of movement and wear through or break inside the plastic wire cover

Offline pinfrog

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:04:00 AM »
Thanks guys , will do .

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
Check the wires from the magnet back to the Playfield these do a huge amount of movement and wear through or break inside the plastic wire cover

+1 to Dan's advice.. i remember working on one of these about 4 years ago with the same issue, replacing the magnet wires fixed it  *%*

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
Funny how everytime there is a problem with a Rescue 911 it is to do with the helicoptor

Offline pinfrog

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
Hi all, magnet now works the problem was a broken wire in the loom to the helicopter. Problem now is the ball lifter does not raise the ball high enough to capture the ball. I have played with it a bit and I reckon the ball needs to be lifted another 2 or 3mm for the magnet to grab it. Is there any way to adjust the ball lifter up a little so the magnet will take the ball. Cheers.