Author Topic: Pinfest 2014  (Read 1257 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Pinfest 2014
« on: September 28, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Had a day out at Pinfest Caves Beach yesterday, had a grate time.
Highlight of the day was playing Sterns The walking Dead for the first time .
Only small problem I found with this title was a lot of bright white led's, probably more colour led's and a colour DMD would be better but that's my thought.

The other game witch I liked was the Pinball Pixels, I played The Phantom Of The Opera and Firepower on this, had awesome sound an play around 200 titles.
http://pinballpixels.weebly.com/

And the other machine I enjoyed was Williams Black Knight 2000, found that to be very fun.

Thanks to all who put Pinfest together for 2004   ^^^

Pinpal.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:05:15 PM by PinPal »

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Re: Pinfest 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
Can't alter my spelling  !@#
Pinfest 2014......

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics  ^^^

I was supposed to be there today (was going to drive there this morning after my band gigs last nite in Armidale) but plans changed dramatically friday morning after a run in with a RH bend on Walcha Mountain (greasy road after rain the day before)... wasn't going that fast and i've driven that road so often i could just about do that drive in my sleep.. lol. All good though in the finish, i wasn't hurt, there were no other cars around so one else involved and the car was still driveable, just a couple of bent panels which meant i could still do the gigs (needed the money.. more so now..)   :D worst part is that i might need to sell another game to get the damage repaired  !!!

Anyway enough of my woes, did anyone else here go?? if so more pics (and vids) please.. so i can see more of what i had to miss out on  @.@
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:01:47 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
You guys are on the wrong forum aren't you?  You'll get kicked off AA if you start posting Pinfest stuff on here.
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
You guys are on the wrong forum aren't you?  You'll get kicked off AA if you start posting Pinfest stuff on here.

Yeah I thought it was a AA only thing to  #@#

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »
yes, only AA's can post about Pinfest here when they want to - I was banned for life for promoting pinfest 2013 here. I drove past it today and went to luke's comp today which was fun and played 9 sterns and a WOZ.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 06:30:59 PM »
yes, only AA's can post about Pinfest here when they want to - I was banned for life for promoting pinfest 2013 here. I drove past it today and went to luke's comp today which was fun and played 9 sterns and a WOZ.

I loved to checkout Luke's games-oh and pickup my mirror blades to lol

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
You guys are on the wrong forum aren't you?  You'll get kicked off AA if you start posting Pinfest stuff on here.
Ok, first time I have herd of this  !@#
Only posted the picks as I wanted to share my love of pinball.
Pinpal..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:56:01 PM by PinPal »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »

Views on WOZ???

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
You guys are on the wrong forum aren't you?  You'll get kicked off AA if you start posting Pinfest stuff on here.
Ok, first time I have herd of this  !@#
Only posted the picks as I wanted to share my love of pinball.
Pinpal..

No mate, we appreciate the photos and info, so thanks for sharing. It was just a case of the elephant in the room as the event was not brought up prior to the weekend officially but good in a way as then they can't say that we advertised it without their permission.

It is pinball and we like to hear about peoples stories and experiences, it's just the background political crap. Anyway back to pinball....

I spoke to a few guys that played TWD at Pinfest and AMD and they like the look of it but very early code and the layout just lacked features, apart from bashing the guts zombie and the jail and then the zombie head in there just seemed lacking and that they definitely would not buy it. They felt the jail was over sized and and a bit mehhhh.

Views on WOZ???

this game was better lit and not as blinding - still colourful but since the overall games GI seemed more balanced it was more enjoyable to play. There is a lot going on and I did enjoy it more than when I played it a year ago. Funny thing is the lcd is supposed to help you get through the game and achieve goals but I still felt as a beginner on Woz I was still wondering what happened and why the ball save occured or what should I be shooting for etc. There were a few people from the Gold Coast pinball club there and they were saying the code was noticeably different, with ball saves and higher scoring now achievable. In my heat I was playing the woz and was behind and then some how I got a multiball then looked up a few minutes later and my score was up 50 million and made it into the next round.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:21:08 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »

Nope... definitely on the right forum here  *%* *%*  yes i am also a member on AA (as are quite a few of our members here) but i hardly ever post anything there (havent done a single resto thread there.. still havent worked out how to upload pics) and don't spend as much time on  there as i do here.. I find AA difficult to navigate compared to AP.

AP is still the best ^^^ ...Speaking of resto threads i really need to get my shit together and do a few new ones  *%*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:51:31 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »
One day I'm going to hold my own "Pinstock" in Wagga Wagga. Wayne Campbell style. If you build it, they will come.....

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 07:59:03 AM »
Having this during footy finals is blasphemy.
 *)*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

No mate, we appreciate the photos and info, so thanks for sharing. It was just a case of the elephant in the room as the event was not brought up prior to the weekend officially but good in a way as then they can't say that we advertised it without their permission.

It is pinball and we like to hear about peoples stories and experiences, it's just the background political crap. Anyway back to pinball....

[/quote]

+1.  Not having a go at you guys, just the petty crap and antics that the AA powers go on with.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »

+1.  Not having a go at you guys, just the petty crap and antics that the AA powers go on with.

No probs at all.. all good  ^^^ ^^^