Author Topic: Pinfest 2014  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Pinfest 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:36 AM »
Guys, please stop perpetuating this rubbish.

I have been a sponsor of Pinfest and have attended every year it has been held. I am in close contact with most of the organising committee.

There has NEVER been any animosity towards ANY pinball enthusiast that I have seen no matter if he/she was/is black-white-asian-muslim-alien. EVERYONE has ALWAYS been welcome at Pinfest.

I just don't know where this nonsense comes from...  !@#

I am aware that a couple of people had a falling out in the past BUT this is NOT a "forum VS forum" issue it is purely and simply an argument or misunderstanding between a couple of people REGARDLESS of forums etc. and this is an issue that those individuals need to resolve between themselves and STOP dragging everyone into their personal issue.

Let's please stop the rot and stop the division between pinball enthusiasts or we will be acting just like some of the pinball retailers seem to.

This was once again a fantastic event that promoted pinball in a positive light to the general public. It was attended by thousands of people and kids and ALL were in awe with the machines and there were many enquiries along the lines of "where can I get one of these?"

The event also raised a substantial amount for charity again this year so well done once again to all of the committee and all helpers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:44:00 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »

I have been a sponsor of Pinfest and have attended every year it has been held. I am in close contact with most of the organising committee.

There has NEVER been any animosity towards ANY pinball enthusiast that I have seen no matter if he/she was/is black-white-asian-muslim-alien. EVERYONE has ALWAYS been welcome at Pinfest.

I am aware that a couple of people had a falling out in the past BUT this is NOT a "forum VS forum" issue it is purely and simply an argument or misunderstanding between a couple of people REGARDLESS of forums etc. and this is an issue that those individuals need to resolve between themselves and STOP dragging everyone into their personal issue.

Let's please stop the rot and stop the division between pinball enthusiasts or we will be acting just like some of the pinball retailers seem to.

Not a "couple of people", Mike. The general pinball public would not see it, but it clearly is still an issue for some.

I was a former Cave's Beach sponsor until the organizers made it VERY clear Aussie Pinball (therefore it's membership), were not welcome (I still have those emails). There were several issues in the background that were based on self serving agendas. Created by a few and promoted all these years later. You only need a few rotten eggs. I didn't even know it was on this year - there's no thread promoting it on this forum. That's a deliberate act.

Although the general public are welcome at these events, there's a clear agenda in the background to ensure that this forum is not welcome.

There is another event later this year with EXACTLY the same intent and similar agenda.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
It is sad that inter forum politics is still happening

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
One day I'm going to hold my own "Pinstock" in Wagga Wagga. Wayne Campbell style. If you build it, they will come.....

"Pinstock"… I like it

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »

This was once again a fantastic event that promoted pinball in a positive light to the general public. It was attended by thousands of people and kids and ALL were in awe with the machines and there were many enquiries along the lines of "where can I get one of these?"

The event also raised a substantial amount for charity again this year so well done once again to all of the committee and all helpers.

Have to disagree with you Mike as you are taking the view point of one side with that opinion.

I was a committee member for the first year, and when the 2nd show came around and no one had promoted it on AP I simply posted a Pinfest 2013 poster from the facebook on AP as I thought I was still part of the committee. I was banned for life from AA for copying and posting else where. That was the reason given to me for my life time ban and they would of had to come on AP to investigate and issue to the head guys of AA. I know who was behind it and they are getting personal and doing the forum isolation - where did they promote it this year on AP this year - they didn't.

I am happy they had a show and that the public enjoyed.. as it is all about playing the silver ball not the people.

I went to lukes event yesterday and was a great little event with 10 high quality games and you could play 100% of the time for 5 hours and it was about meeting the people and playing pinball - a lot of fun had by all - no one cared what forum people were from - wasn't even a mention.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:41:25 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
One day I'm going to hold my own "Pinstock" in Wagga Wagga. Wayne Campbell style. If you build it, they will come.....

"Pinstock"… I like it

So, Greg. Can I mark you down for the first exhibitor in my pipe dream? Haha

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 08:45:47 AM »
What a one sided waste of time.
Why anyone would support this fiasco is beyond me and what happened to jady last year is nothing short of shithouse.
Fark pinfest!
 !*!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:58:58 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
Why anyone would support this fiasco is beyond me and what happened to jady last year is nothing short of shithouse.
Fark pinfest!
 !*!

Because it raises in excess of $8000 for a worthy charity for a start....I will not engage in the "he said, she said" crap and I seriously wish a few would grow up!!!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:55 AM »
Yep couldn't agree more...... those AA crew really need to grow up.

*%*

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:37 AM »

*%*

I don't think your ban at AA will be lifted soon

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »

*%*

I don't think your ban at AA will be lifted soon

That's fine with me.

$!&

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »
Fark pinfest!
 !*!

Because it raises in excess of $8000 for a worthy charity for a start....I will not engage in the "he said, she said" crap and I seriously wish a few would grow up!!!

Aye.. a worthy cause indeed. I got asked if I wanted a stall last year but couldn't do it as I had the Bid and Bod over from UK at the time. The price of the stall had also increased a bit.
This year I was completely unaware it was on as I had heard nothing.. wasn't until the week of the bash that I found out about it due to a post on this forum.
I do sometimes have a scout about on AA but hadn't read anything about it as I don't log on and so cant read posts.
$8000 donated is certainly something to be achieved, but if raising money for charity is the aim then why limit your attendance?

Like I said... knew nothing about it and completely forgot that it was around this time of year and so couldn't even consider attending.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
Charity is good.

8k raised is not bad but considering how much money people shell out on games it could be a hell of a lot more.

I am all for charity...keep it up!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 11:16:09 AM »
It would be good if the guys on AP could get some sort of similar event up and running. 

Sadly Mike history shows there is a massive us and them type thing between the forums as well as some very lame reasons for people being banned from AA.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
It would be good if the guys on AP could get some sort of similar event up and running. 

Sadly Mike history shows there is a massive us and them type thing between the forums as well as some very lame reasons for people being banned from AA.

AP seems to be mainly from Victoria
Try to organize something like this in Melbourne and a certainsomebody (who is not either aa or ap) will do their utmost to muck it up