Author Topic: Gottlieb High Hand Restoration  (Read 22733 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb High Hand Restoration
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:10:24 AM »
Very nice work.
Love following your techniques, just a shame there has been less posts on restoration- way too busy I bet - work equals money not posts (unfortunately  <..>)

Thanks for the kind words.

Less restorations last year was due to the Business being set up and other Family Business' that distracted me. I also had A LOT of repair work AND the typical newbie that got burnt and needed help. Sad to say, I've already had the first "Christmas Pinball" booked in that was rushed out the door by a dealer and was not done properly. I'm a real sucker in that way.

EVERY single restoration I've done in since this forum began has been documented and will be posted. I'm a few behind (as in games I've done and moved on without starting a thread yet).

Lookin' GREAT so far Nino  ^^^ ^^^ the webbing turned out really good too!!

Andy will be VERY pleased i'm sure  *%* *%*

I keep a few touch up guns setup for different effects - one is webbing and the other is "splatter". Saves time setting up the same gun for different purposes. Loads of fun doing the splatter. Hilarious on humid days as the paint turns into "spider web" straight out of the gun (not suitable for painting a pinball) !

Andy has been a VERY patient and understanding customer. It was my idea to do the full repaint, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait for him as this cabinet looks great. Someone once said to me "art takes time". Looking at a cabinet repaint that took the Gottlieb factory 1 hour to initially paint, and my XX hours to do the same job.. I feel like a bit of a BS "artist" !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia