Author Topic: Pinball Expo 2014 stuff  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Pinball Expo 2014 stuff
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »
Love the movie, prob my favourite of all time. The more you watch it the better it is.

So glad that someone had the guts to do this title instead of the same old same old.
It's a great move from DP to go out on a limb and do a cult classic. The machine itself looks fantastic, it's obvious that they had been well into design etc before the teaser reveal last year.
Dutch Pinball have done a brilliant job with this game, they have raised the bar and put Stern well and truly on notice to lift it's game.

Can't wait to get mine, "it will really tie the room together nicely!"

#*#

Have you signed up Daz???

Yes I have mate.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »
Cool... one sweet looking pin. Well done mate  ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »
Cool... one sweet looking pin. Well done mate  ^^^

I couldn't pass this up, it is just far too cool.
Will give you call for a LEBOWSKI party when it arrives.

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2014, 10:18:34 PM »
I don't know much about Dutch Pinball but do they have a factory like JJP or Stern or are they going to get the machines made by another manufacturer ?
If they have a factory, does anyone have a link to a video or photos of their factory.

There is already a thread on here about Dutch Pinball and The Big Lebowski:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=11391.45

There are many, many threads on Pinside about them now but probably the one with the most information is here (24 pages long):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts

Have a look around their website, there is a lot of info there about their team:

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/about_us

These guys are super organised. They have a facility where they are developing the machine and it is pretty impressive, but they have partnered with another big Dutch manufacturer to do the production run.

As for getting the machine here, this is an email I received from Phil (their marketing guy) about the delivery of Australian orders a couple of weeks ago:

G'day Mates,

Each of you that's getting a blind copy of this mail has already preordered (THANKS) or has expressed an interest, but not yet done so (WTF).

Preordering closes in two weeks, and we are guaranteeing our price until then.  What is a little difficult for you guys is the shipping. The first of you to pre-order was within 1 month and the most recent pre-order was last night (thanks again to you all).

What that means is that the first TBL to ship would be mid-Q2, and the latest would be end Q2.

So, if this proposal ok with all of you:

I would have the assembly guys do extra quality control testing on all your machines to make sure they are 100% perfect before going out the door.

I would then consolidate all the Australian pre-orders into 1 container and ship them together to the cheapest port (at this point, Melbourne, but that may change).

TBLs would then be offloaded, and shipped individually to you.

The shipping costs would be divided evenly amongst all of you.

It will take a little extra time to get you all of your machines, but it would significantly reduce the shipping costs per machine.

The alternative would be shipping the TBLs as one-offs.

Please let me know your thoughts on this idea.  It is 100% opt-in, but I think it is the most reliable, cost-effective and fair solution.

And one last thought:

If you know of any other Pin-heads interested, please feel free to let them know about this idea. The more orders I can consolidate, the lower the cost per unit. But also let them know that pre-orders will close on October 19 -- even for the Aussies.

Take it easy, Dudes -- I know that you will,

Phil

Offline Sgtmax

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2014, 10:31:09 PM »
So for us other aussie guys who haven't got a pre order in yet how might we go about doing this? I might be interested in getting one

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »
So for us other aussie guys who haven't got a pre order in yet how might we go about doing this? I might be interested in getting one

You can still buy the game after the pre order but you don't get the goodie bag and you don't get the rug. "It really tied the room together man!!"
It might be more expensive shipping it , unless you can get some more dudes together and split the freight.

Offline Sgtmax

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
I sent them an email to see if I could still get in on the VIP pre order so will see what they say..
Freights not really a worry as my families in import export anyway, if I can't get mine in on the container coming over with the others

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
Congrats Daz, glad you bit the bullet - enjoy
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »
Congrats Daz, glad you bit the bullet - enjoy

Thanks mate, I am one very happy dude.

Damn, how good does the early drawing of the Alien pf look too.

Heighway looks like another very possible boutique purchase.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:05:45 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
I sent them an email to see if I could still get in on the VIP pre order so will see what they say..
Freights not really a worry as my families in import export anyway, if I can't get mine in on the container coming over with the others

If you are a fan of the movie it is NO BRAINER imo, it's a must have.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
DP has updated the pre order page.

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »
here is the Alien proto type playfield design

I really like the look of that....I am so tempted to pre order a LE.

Want to know how far the licence goes though before buying, mainly the art, sounds and speech. If they are all from the movie  #*#

Too many good pins coming and not enough money.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
this is who is the DP team
http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/about_us

on Pinside Andrew has started a Alien thread for those interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread

and said this along with the shot map I posted yesterday

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the huge amount of interest in our second game - Alien Pinball.

We are as excited to make this game as you are and believe us when we say that we want this game to be every bit as good as you do.

Both 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are all-time classics and the potential for a pinball machine has always been huge. Over the coming months, we want to share with you as much information as we can, and when we are permitted to do so by our licensor.

With pre-orders going very well and to make things fair for people who want to know more about the game before ordering, we are going to show you the basic game layout as it stands now.

We must emphasise that this layout should not be considered as final at this point, and is subject to change. With regards to the toys and their positions, it should be assumed that not everything is present and what is, is also subject to change. The whitewood will be built within the next 2-3 weeks, and then testing will begin.

Within this thread, and via our Facebook and Twitter feeds, we will aim to bring you the latest info as soon as we can, and answer any questions you may have.

We have been busy at Pinball Expo over the last 4 days and have not been able to reply to all of the many emails we have received about this game. Please bear with us for another 24 hours and we will endeavour to have replied to everyone individually

Thanks for reading.

Heighway Pinball

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
here is a video from the show of the Full Throttle.

utoplay=1&rel=0

they have taken a different approach with the trim and glass as it all lifts off, no sliding of the glass

it playd very fast and alot of people wrote that there wasn't alot of time to even look at the screen in the playfield as they had to concentrate on ball.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
another TBL video, a few glitches and ball hang ups but still early days for a stunning looking machine. Some funny call outs even for tilting

&feature=player_embedded

for pinball t-shirts