Author Topic: Maverick paddle wheel motor so slow...  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Klondike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Maverick paddle wheel motor so slow...
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 02:07:47 AM »
I tracked down the exact type of u-groove pulley but with twice the diameter.  Will update when it arrives in a week or so.  #*#   

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 01:22:37 AM »
I'm repairing a Maverick at the moment and have a similar issue...the 1st issue is the DMD (completely fried) and replacing it with the Dr Pinball mod. While I'm waiting for the parts to arrive, I discovered an issue with the paddle wheel. The optos seem to be working (the sound goes off when the ball goes through the beam), but sometimes the ball will get stuck in the paddle while. The ball will drop into the wheel and the wheel will stop completely. Other times, the wheel will turn as normal and feed it to the wireform.

Can anyone suggest where to start with this issue? The paddle wheel is continuously moving from when a game starts. Assuming this is normal. Sometimes it will lift the ball and sometimes it will get stuck and then the ball search kicks in. From under the playfield, the rubber pulley looks ok and the gears turn as normal.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline weed of crime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
I bought same motor from Marco. Same issue. I don't think you can get it to run much faster. I've found the best solution is to simply keep a finger on the flipper button each time it enters wheel. No more ball searches.
Quit talking n start chalkin

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »
I also found a post on Aussie Pinball where they said the pulley was slipping. The black rubber is a bit frayed. I will replace that first.

Thanks!

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
Success! Replaced the rubber pulley belt with a brand new one. Levelled the machine to around 7 degrees also. The paddle wheel picks the ball up every time.