Author Topic: Pinball Clearance Sale Saturday 8th November 2014  (Read 17653 times)

Offline Pinmem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
Re: Pinball Clearance Sale Saturday 8th November 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Updated the status of some of the machines,  please click on the link blow for updated pictures and also please read the captions at the bottom of each picture for a brief description on the pinball.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5E6EDBC556F027EB&id=5E6EDBC556F027EB%212614

Mars God of War - Non Working Project
Genie- Working Project
Roller Disco - Working Project
Amazing Spiderman- Working Project
Hulk
Arena
Bad Cats- Working Project
Cactus Jack-Working Project
Car Hop
Charlie's Angels- Non Working, Untest Project
Getaway
Gladiator
Hulk
Last Action Hero
Shaq Attack- Working Project
Shaq Attack- Non Working/ Parts Machine
Solar Ride
Special Forces- Non Working Project
Title fight- Working Project
Scramble- Non Working Project
Gladiator
Striker Xtreme
Big Guns- Non Working/ Untested Project
Frank Thomas Big hurt Baseball
Buck Rodgers
Batman
Rocky
Wipeout
World Cup soccer 94
Jackpot- Working Machine
Goldstar 1975- Working Machine

Offline Pinmem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
I haven't gone through all the machines yet, if you are interested in something let me know and I can give you a rough price. Also as I stated most will be under $1,000.

Which Pinball Machine are you interested in?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 12:38:39 AM »
As an interstate member id be interested in some prices.. if its an auction then let us know the reserves and I can make a highest bid via email.. if its a clearance sale then all good. But in all honesty, if most machines are under $1000 then posting title and BIN price would sell those machines pretty quickly.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 01:38:38 AM »
No good deed goes unpunished.   @.@

He could easily have 'advertised' them on ebay as untested non-working projects like other Melbourne (we haven't even plugged it in yet) sellers.

The minute you set a price you are going to get lowballers and with prices on most already set at sub-1k, the seller probably decided it isn't worth the aggravation for such small margins.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 04:33:42 AM »

The minute you set a price you are going to get lowballers and with prices on most already set at sub-1k, the seller probably decided it isn't worth the aggravation for such small margins.

Couldn't you argue the same thing for anybody with a reasonably priced pin,whether they be a private or commercial seller?

Don't get me wrong if these were over in Perth I would be straight there having a look, however the justification for not having them list prices makes no sense to me. Private or commercial sellers, why would they be treated differently in regards to getting low ball offers? If I list a reasonably priced pin that is accurately described should I be immune from giving a firm price? I priced my pin at least less than $1,000, so that is fair by some arbitrary measurement therefore I am immune by default from listing a price WTF?

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 07:12:45 AM »

Couldn't you argue the same thing for anybody with a reasonably priced pin,whether they be a private or commercial seller?

Don't get me wrong if these were over in Perth I would be straight there having a look, however the justification for not having them list prices makes no sense to me. Private or commercial sellers, why would they be treated differently in regards to getting low ball offers? If I list a reasonably priced pin that is accurately described should I be immune from giving a firm price? I priced my pin at least less than $1,000, so that is fair by some arbitrary measurement therefore I am immune by default from listing a price WTF?

No, that isn't what I said.

His "immunity" stems from the fact he is a paid commercial sponsor and therefore by default has a choice whether to list a price or not.

The fact that the pins are regarded as sub-1k projects likely influenced that choice.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 08:21:51 AM »
Oscar has provided pictures of some of the games, and has stated that they are projects priced ant no more than $1000
stop being so picky

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »
Can these be purchased pre the sale? I'm a little confused with some comments.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »
The rules should be the same for every seller on the forum, regardless of who or what you are.

A price per machine, a description incl working or not working, playfield description, three photos minimum, and if the persons smart and wants repeat sales and credibility, list the things upfront that you know are not working or need fixing so no one is surprised later.

Money or membership fees shouldn't buy you out of your moral responsibilities.
Just saying if u want to keep the pinball masses happy...... No complaints with the one rule working for everyone equally.... !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »
Oscar has provided pictures of some of the games, and has stated that they are projects priced ant no more than $1000
stop being so picky

Yes, but buying a pinball machine and being picky go safely hand in hand ! Lol
No such thing as too much information when buying ...
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
The rules should be the same for every seller on the forum, regardless of who or what you are.

A price per machine, a de******ion incl working or not working, playfield de******ion, three photos minimum, and if the persons smart and wants repeat sales and credibility, list the things upfront that you know are not working or need fixing so no one is surprised later.

Money or membership fees shouldn't buy you out of your moral responsibilities.
Just saying if u want to keep the pinball masses happy...... No complaints with the one rule working for everyone equally.... !

For once I agree with the Cavemeister. I didn't know we had separate rules and not sure why either

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
Oscar is not the first person to get ahead of himself and post a for sale thread with pictures and prices to come

It ain't a hanging offence

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »

It ain't a hanging offence

It is in the pinball community. The only other hobby - community I've come across with as much bitchiness is the dog showing world.
what about beauty pagents especially the little kids. Their mothers are a treat.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne