Author Topic: Australian Pinball Expo 2014  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Australian Pinball Expo 2014
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
Is it $30 per day per person or just $30 unlimited entry.....

You can't blame people for turning their noses up because it wasn't advertised or even offered to AP members in the past.... I support Oscar, I have bought pinballs from him and I support the fact he and his family have heavily invested in the pinball industry, have made a decent business of it, and has put a lot of pinballs into a lot of people's houses, BUT it's not about that. It's about the various functions that are advertised for only one forum member base and tickets only offered previously to one set of people only.
People complaining about discriminatory behaviour have every right to mention it if they feel so.
The only way discrimination goes away is if its dragged out into the light of day.

I know one thing, if AP ever did a expo style deal, they certainly wouldn't do the isolation style ticket offerings.
I don't think anyone on here is that stupid or narrow minded.

Most people I know don't even admit to even being a member on a forum when they go to a pinball meet, being worried that they get the " oh your on that forum are you" type comments.
The divisions between the forums will only continue sadly whilst events are only offered to one body of people and not openly shared with a totally open invitation to all pinheads regardless of forum membership.

If u are going to invite people, invite everyone and advertise it on both forums. Simples.
OR run the risk of being seen as discriminatory. Is that too much to ask for in 2014 and 2015.

I know Nick n Nino have always tried to bridge the gap, but it seems that they and others always seem to call on deaf ears. I support AP because AP treats me and all its members equally.
Proud to be a pinhead on a site that encourages open- ness and individuality whilst also supporting the member base as a tight knit team.

Anyone is welcome on AP. And I am sure if AP ran a expo, anyone and everyone would be welcomed from day one, not when there are tickets left over only.
Where the Penrith thing falls over, is that you lose potentially hundreds of people who could attend because they don't belong to only one forum. Car companies selling cars advertise on all TV channels, not just one. Why limit your customer base. Food for thought.
I might be right, I might be wrong, but peace and harmony can only be achieved by treating everyone as welcomed equals...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:29:02 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !