Author Topic: "No Body Escapes " The Black Hole , repair and cleanup  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Zedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I acquired a Black Hole in March 2013, after sourcing parts and sitting on it for while on Friday last week, I finally was able to move it from the garage to my home office.
First I would to start with f@$k these machines are heavy!

Repinn ef a missing connector was cut off.

Then I replaced the power supply board, MPU and driver boards with a Pascal board. I didn't want to mess around with original boards as pcb repair is not my strong point. Also my experience with pascal board has be great. I have several in my system 1s.

I removed the lower playfield for ease of access while I work on it.

Replace one coil so far. Large drop target bank cool with fried.
Replace 4 displays with spares I had. No look nice and bright . I would like to thank
Blair for his advice about rejuvenating these display.
Tightened the screw on both bottom transformers as they were loose and buzzing.

Replace a lots of fuses quite a few were blown, a few over sized fuses replaced with correct ones. I did put some 3amp fuses were there was 2.5amp. I have thought about putting 2amp ones..not sure these drive the Pop bumpers individually .

Metered all the coils to check for shorts or open circuits.

Replace 2 pop bumper boards as one missing the other suspicious (blow fuse associated) .

Replace a lot of lamps.

Games is booting up ok, with most lamps on the upper Playford working except 1. I will check the plugs soon

I have new plastics , rubbers, flipper bats, new drop targets, new lower playfield window, yet to install.

Just a few pics, nothing really interesting yet.
Wow, I wouldn't wanna make a mistake when adjusting the sound volume.

Nice work Dan. :-) Z