Author Topic: Score reset solenoide permanently energised - Bally Bowl-O  (Read 405 times)

Offline Romano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Whyalla; South Australia
Score reset solenoide permanently energised - Bally Bowl-O
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:36 PM »
Greetings Friends,

I just don't get it. Machine been playing well; went to turn it on tonight, it completed the reset as normal but now the score reset stack is permanently energised. Went looking for all the usual culprits such as score zero positions set properly and I can confirm that all looks good. The attached image illustrates the fault. it is the top most set, which is in the top right corner of the back box as you face it from the rear.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Sandro.

*** Modified *** Oh and everything is illuminated and ready to go with ball count at 1.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:55:59 PM by Romano »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Did the score reels reset to Zero??..If not game will continually attempt to reset and this relay will stay on. Could well be a fault in the score reels themselves

Offline Romano

• Forum Posts:
Did the score reels reset to Zero??..If not game will continually attempt to reset and this relay will stay on. Could well be a fault in the score reels themselves

Yes, all reels at 0 and switch positions on each reel are correct.

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Greetings Friends,

I just don't get it. Machine been playing well; went to turn it on tonight, it completed the reset as normal but now the score reset stack is permanently energised. Went looking for all the usual culprits such as score zero positions set properly and I can confirm that all looks good. The attached image illustrates the fault. it is the top most set, which is in the top right corner of the back box as you face it from the rear.

Any ideas?   If the coil is locked on as it looks like in the pic?   The top switch is not fully open .  The bottom blade looks bent ,  Give that a tweak , And remember, you only adjust the none moving blade, Give them a clean with piece of card with some metho. Wait till this evaporates then try a new game 

Cheers, Sandro.

*** Modified *** Oh and everything is illuminated and ready to go with ball count at 1.
One-Ball!

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
See my reply Above in the quoted text , Looks like the very top switch is not opening fully . Lower blade looks bent also on that switch, Fix that and  clean  the contacts with a card and some meths
One-Ball!

Offline Romano

• Forum Posts:
See my reply Above in the quoted text , Looks like the very top switch is not opening fully . Lower blade looks bent also on that switch, Fix that and  clean  the contacts with a card and some meths

Done, but still no good. Something is actuating this stack and I need to find what it is. Need to get onto a schematic. Will go looking. Thanks anyway.

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
Check and clean Zero position switch on the bonus unit , this need to be read as closed or the game reset relay will stay on , just a thought
One-Ball!

Offline Romano

• Forum Posts:
Check and clean Zero position switch on the bonus unit , this need to be read as closed or the game reset relay will stay on , just a thought

Greetings Ralph, there is no bonus unit on this game.

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
Yes there is one , score 5000 for every strike. I just checked on the IPDB , looks like the large stepper hanging under the playfield , this stepper is the bonus unit, When the game is started this should reset to zero and should close a switch , this switch  tells the machine it has reset, i would give the unit a clean up and check it operates smoothly. and clean the switches on this stepper (Bonus Unit)
One-Ball!

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
just checked and i think its called the "Strike Unit" worth checking and cleaning.
One-Ball!

Offline Romano

• Forum Posts:
just checked and i think its called the "Strike Unit" worth checking and cleaning.

Yep, "Strike Unit" it is.  ^^^

I have checked it and cleaned it and NOW IT ALL WORKS  $#$ @@* $#$

Thanks Ralph. I managed to get a hold of a schematic and yes, it appears as "Strike Unit" on there.

Thanks for all your help with this. So much appreciated.

Merry Christmas  #*#

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
No problem  good news indeed  was hoping you checked the tread again. All the Steppers have to rub freely for the game to work , well done  ^^^
One-Ball!