Author Topic: fix my ping  (Read 1889 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: fix my ping
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
........ thanks for getting back. ..... I have set up nothing ..... I don't know anything about router settings ....... BigPond told me over the phone it had something to do with my modem (the set-up of it, I guess). .... It's a new modem from Telstra and when I installed it, ... it made absolutely no difference to when I had the old modem. .....

Here's a little story to 'explain' why I haven't dumped them (yet). ...... A couple of years ago I changed my Elect and Gas provider as they offered 16% discount for Elect and 14% for gas. ..... All was good for 12 months until my new Company said "the 12 months is up. We are not offering anything more than 9%". ..... I said "are you serious?" ...they were so I hunted around for a better deal and wound up back at the old provider I used to have. They offered 16% elect, and 12 or 14% for gas. .... All good. Then as it went just 2 weeks into this new deal I got a call from the Provider I had just left. Now, all of a sudden they could offer me the same as what I had been on when I was with them the first time. .?.?.?.? ..... I managed to explain to them that through their own inflexible stupidity, they had lost me as a customer, and now, when I've signed on with someone else, they now offer me what I already had with them!!!!

So, that's why I'm reluctant to change any of these things unless it's absolutely necessary.

.....The longer I live --- the less I understand.

I appreciate your help. thanks.