Author Topic: fix my ping  (Read 1884 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: fix my ping
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »
I did a few things. .... I added the game, but do not know how to assign a port for the game. Also, on U-Tube there was a guy who had some instructions. ...... I had to right click on something, then open something, then I had to make a new file (TCIP from memory) and give it a value of 1 in a box that came up. Then I had to make another file (forget the name) and give it a value of 1 (in the box). I did as he said and this is what happened. Immediately after this, my ping went from about 325 down to 260. .... a good start I thought. BUT, the next day, my ping seemed to be worse than before .... now its from 350-400+.
.... I didn't understand any of this, so I've left it for now. ... and now I can't remember what I right clicked on to do the stuff I've just mentioned.
This is how it goes when you just don't understand computers very well. ........ any of this make sense to you?? Mark.

Hi Mark,

You are on the right track.  ^^^

Rather than generic youtube instructions, here is a link to some easier to follow step by step instructions for port forwarding that applies specifically to the standard Technicolor Gateway modem/router that Telstra supplies when you sign up with them.
http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/How-to-configure-Port-Forward-on-your-Home-Network-Gateway/td-p/94190
If you are with Telstra I have to presume that you are using the stock standard modem/router they supply for new customers?  These instructions apply to any Gateway model style modem/router so the model (TG) number itself doesn't matter.

If you have successfully logged into the router settings at 10.0.0.138 (as descibed in my previous post) you should be looking at a screen like this:

Then go:
Gaming and Application sharing
Create and New gaming or sharing application
Add a name: (Call of Juarez)
And choose Manual entry of port maps (see link below)

I also did some googling for you and found the specific port numbers you will need to enter to port forward the game Call Of Juarez here:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/3131/what-ports-do-i-need-to-have-open-in-my-router--firewall-in-order-to-play-call-of-juarez-bound-in-blood-online/kA030000000eSNLCA2

Hope this helps a bit more.  ()

EDIT: forgot to ask, do you have Norton Antivirus running on your PC? Some antivirus programs (like Norton) may have additional "real time protection" settings which block or limit fast access to applications like online games. You may need to check this (or temporarily disable the AV program) whilst you set up Call of Juarez. Same with Windows built in firewall - temporarily disable it, set up your ports and then add Call of Juarez as an exception in Windows firewall.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:13:51 PM by pinsanity »