Author Topic: Playmatic Conquest 200  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Astroboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
Playmatic Conquest 200
« on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:02 PM »
Heres a shot of my first project machine.
Spanish made Playmatic EM in very nice condition purchased as not working. I just love the stuff that they use to clearcote the playfield, it has kept it in awesome condition 10/10 not counting the clout that someone hammered in to adapt an ill fitting rubber. Easy fix. Cabinet in pletty good nic too with a 9-10/10 backglass.
I love what the evilbay seller reguarded as new rubbers throughout.....check the photo, they were nearly all like this, the rest were bubbling and nasty looking. Got as new ball with it too, which was the wrong size.
Plugged it in and got nothing, just playfield and backglass lights. Wont credit up or reset the score reels. I managed to get it to play by manually flipping the hold relay then operating the credit and start relays except the score reels and chimes do nothing. The sockets in the head board that take the plugs from the cab are crappy bally type thingos with half the outer tabs broken off. I expect here lies some of my problems.

Theres not much info around on the net for this machine (or Playmatic EMs in general). I cant find a manual or schematic anywhere! If anyone has any info about this machine or Playmatics in general I would very much appreciate it.
I plan to chronicle this machines rebirth for the benefit of other noobs like me %$%
I am searching for SPACE Themed Electro-Mechanicals.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Playmatic Conquest 200
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »
Wow rerubbered and renailed what a combination

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
Looks in nice condition, lotsa bright colors as well. I must remember that slingshot rubber fix!  !@#
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:00:12 PM by Sinbad »

Offline Astroboy

• Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
'VERY' bright colors.

Plastics are near mint, but the chrome on the legs is shot. Perhapse a rechrome is in order.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:27 PM »

Look like a fun first up project !

In great condition, so you have a great starting point.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
Now that is what a pinball machine is suppose to look like!

Looks like a real nice game, also looks like it will be a fast and open game to play.

Just be patient trying to get it working at 100% as some days you will feel like you have achieved nothing then the next day it will all fall into place.

Just a suggestion for the legs, you could always spray them grey or black - that would look pretty cool also!

So ask away and welcome to the wonderful world of electromechanical pinball  *%*

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »
They certainly do have very good made playfields in them.Mine always has a problem when you turn it on,most time something to do with those lovely terminals.
Did find this site helpfull, and i have a manual for a big town pinball,which i dont will help much but your got a great machine to get your teeth into.
http://www.flippers.be/playmatic.html
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
i've actually seen operators repair rubbers like that to kep their games running...  :lol :lol

Offline Astroboy

• Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »
They certainly do have very good made playfields in them.Mine always has a problem when you turn it on,most time something to do with those lovely terminals.
Did find this site helpfull, and i have a manual for a big town pinball,which i dont will help much but your got a great machine to get your teeth into.
http://www.flippers.be/playmatic.html
Cheers for that link wonder....but no EM info  @.@

Has anyone out there got a manual for a Playmatic single player EM out there? There are some jumper settings that I need to suss out.

Offline Astroboy

• Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
A little progress..
I have managed to find a 1976 Fantasy schematic and hope this will help a little in the future. Fantasy has pretty much the same playfield features so I am assuming the circuits will be at least similar.

Re rubbered the machine and got rid of the clouts @.@

Pulled the flipper assemblies and polished the corrosion off the coil plunger. I will swap these with the old ones off my skylab as they are in pletty good nic (identical but will have to turn them down to length on the lathe)

I managed to get the machine working by soldering jumpers across the bad connector. Easy fix and reversable mod. I will just have to desolder to move the machine as I have to take off the headbox to get it into and out of the games room.

Just have to order a new ball and some nylon flipper coil sleeves. Both my machines have to share a ball for now.

Big smiles and a couple dozen games later whats next?

There are a few lights out on the playfield and a few switches could do with adjusting (pop bumper trigger, 2 of the targets, ect).
The lamp sockets are all rusty while most other things are like new....obviously of incredibly low quality. I'll get stuck in and see if I can get these sorted tonight so I can start on the cosmetics.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:51:48 PM by Astroboy »

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Excellent news!

You ask what is next?

We all know the answer - get another pin  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 01:06:32 AM »
Great work you know what you have started dont you? 

Offline Astroboy

• Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
Oh .......I have a feeling of impending doom. @@^

Heaps better now I have 2 machines to play. That way while I'm on one, the missus plays the other. No more waiting! $#$