Author Topic: Heighway - 2015 Alien  (Read 44328 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Heighway - 2015 Alien
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
 &^&  wrong thread Dude  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »
&^&  wrong thread Dude  %.%

dammm  @.@

here is the one I meant to post, sorry about that folks  %.%

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »
Andrew commented on Pinside

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence - but we are just getting back to normal after Expo.

We have taken onboard any criticisms over the Expo period and reveal, and are working on a few key changes that can be implemented without delaying our production process.

Yes the production process has begun. Many parts have been ordered and some have already begun arriving. Production of the first games will be relatively slow - but this process will speed up dramatically as we get closer to Christmas.

Production of certain elements are happening now - the cabinets are virtually unchanged from Full Throttle - except for the EL blade panel recesses - and hence these can be built up first. Many sub assemblies will also be built in the coming weeks. This is how we can say that production has officially started. The more parts that are made now - the easier and quicker it will be finish the first games and get them shipped out to customers.

Part of this challenge is ramping up the production processes over the coming weeks to meet our target of producing 100 games a month by the end of this year. We have hired the necessary people with the knowledge and experience to make this happen.

We are significantly strengthening all areas of our company to meet the needs over the coming months. This includes extra personnel in all areas of the company. We know that there have been some delays in replying to customers over the last few weeks and for us, this is unacceptable. We will endeavour to deal with existing customers, and new enquiries, in a much faster manner in the coming days and weeks.

Many people have commented on the CPU and the need to upgrade it for existing Full Throttle owners. We chose the current Full Throttle CPU 2.5 years ago. It was a great CPU back then but 2.5 years is an eternity in the PC world.

As a company we want to constantly evolve our product and make it as new and relevant as possible. We tried to "cover all bases" in our original design concept, but inevitably some aspects of the system may need to be upgraded in the future. We could have kept the same CPU for Alien - but you, the customers, would suffer from not having the ultimate experience that we, the creators, can deliver to you now. So in choosing a new CPU, we have tried to make sure that it WON'T need changing over the next 2-3 years.

For existing customers, we will do our very best to look after them. It won't mean 'free' CPU upgrades, but it should mean substantial discounts for Full Throttle customers. When the time is right, we will announce such pricing and incentives.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 07:21:32 PM »
Still waiting on the Australian distributor announcement that was supposedly due ages ago.
Every time I ask I get the same old tired reply........ any day now........fark them!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »
I reckon there are some financial issues, a bit of staff turn around

- forum has disappeared.

- won't formally announce a distributor in Australia.

- Dennis Nordman started the design of Alien then left for an unknown reason but reason apparently that Dennis believed it wouldn't hit a deadline release of around June 2015, but guessing there might be more to it.

- staff as of 3-12-16 (screenshot)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:15:29 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 08:04:04 PM »
update video

&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0&feature=youtu.be

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »
What a great looking machine!
That flatbed printer is worth over $200K in Australia.. add the laser cutter etc and they have invested a ton of cash.
I REALLY like what Heighway are doing.. looks great, is innovative and the theme just kills.
Best manufacturer around I reckon

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2016, 09:20:10 PM »
update video

&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0&feature=youtu.be

Very impressive setup. I really want to play this machine.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Heighway - 2015 Alien
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »
If they can build them and get them out the door fast this will elevate highway right up there and they will sells shit loads. Really enjoyed playing it at expo and Andrews a very approachable guy to talk to-I hope they nail this title.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »
I reckon there are some financial issues, a bit of staff turn around

- forum has disappeared.

- won't formally announce a distributor in Australia.

- Dennis Nordman started the design of Alien then left for an unknown reason but reason apparently that Dennis believed it wouldn't hit a deadline release of around June 2015, but guessing there might be more to it.

- staff as of 3-12-16 (screenshot)

They are nearly over the line with this project.
Financial issues maybe , but they are about to sell a ton of games. Should claw back some of the investment money.
If the games is a hit, will put them in good financial position.

This is just my opinion and my speculation no facts.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
the game looks great but exercise caution in paying deposits / purchasing, wait for an Aus distributor and pay in a way that you are protected and ensure there is a guaranteed delivery date.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »
the game looks great but exercise caution in paying deposits / purchasing, wait for an Aus distributor and pay in a way that you are protected and ensure there is a guaranteed delivery date.

+1

Fantastic vidoe of the manufacturing process, but the fact there is no Aussie Distributor is frustrating. The playfield and gameplay looks really good. I STILL can't "get over" the headbox - It is the Achilles heels for me. Everything esle looks fantastic. Maybe if we could see a game "in the flesh" it would change my mind.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »
I was like that with the head box too Nino but after seeing it in the video it's grown on me.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2016, 09:31:36 PM »
looks like a cracker of a game. Beats spooky pinball by miles imo as far as looks, mechs and game play
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »

+1

Fantastic vidoe of the manufacturing process, but the fact there is no Aussie Distributor is frustrating. The playfield and gameplay looks really good. I STILL can't "get over" the headbox - It is the Achilles heels for me. Everything esle looks fantastic. Maybe if we could see a game "in the flesh" it would change my mind.

I don't like the head box either Nino-and after seeing it in person doesn't make it any prettier lol. Andrew did say they will most likely offer one with a standard HB in the future :) would it stop me buying one? NO