Author Topic: Ford Mustangs are coming down under!!!  (Read 2499 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Ford Mustangs are coming down under!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
This is a very cool feature....

Meanwhile all V8 models will come with a controversial “burnout” button, to be used at off-street drag races to warm the rear tyres.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

I have always had a fascination with the Mustang - I have never owned a Ford but would love one of these -for my wife who absolutely adores big muscle cars! I actually lean towards small high performance cars that need the box paddled to get the best out of the car, but as I like the Mustang, and like my wife even more, I can see a super birthday present on the horizon (that I might get the odd use out of from time to time!). better check out the financing deals......

That rear shot of the red one really caught my eye.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:37 PM »
A neighbor of mine imported the Shelby GT 2012ish model.  Man that thing sounds good.

I hope they bring out the F100 / F250's in V8s as an export model and sell them at a reasonable price.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
The current Ranger imported Utility/truck styled models is all we will see when it comes to the USA versions of the F100 and F250 lines etc. That's from QLD Ford only a few weeks ago.

At $52,000 the Mustang is far too expensive for what you will get. Although the turbo charged large 4 cylinder will go like a rocket, it's still priced far to high.
I have been a Ford man all my life, but I will probably buy a new C class Mercedes for 60 grand before dropping a min of $52 grand on a base model Mustang. The V8 models will be awesome but I want the yellow n black Camaro from the Transformers movie first !

Ford should drop the base Mustang to mid 30,s to be realistic. You can buy a brand new Ford Falcon or a Commodore 6 for low to mid 30,s so why would you pay an extra 20 grand for a smaller base model Mustang. The pricing is out by a dramatic margin.

I love the previous shape pre 2014 Mustang much more than the European rounded look of the current model. We need more aggressive lines not rounded off euro styling.

Even the latest Mercedes has gone for a more squared off lined look. The Mustang needs to come down in price dramatically and up dramatically on features.
Drive a Mustang, drive a Benz or a Auddi for the similar money. You won't buy the Stang.

Hope Ford rethinks pricing and option levels before they would get this Ford fans dollars. It's also American built. That could be a worry. Time will tell. Never buy the first ever series. It drops in price like a lead ballon and the series 2 is always a better car. Just my 2 cents worth.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:14 PM »

Drive a Mustang, drive a Benz or a Auddi for the similar money. You won't buy the Stang.

Unsure about US build quality, but if you have ever owned a European car you will know what happens when the simplest thing breaks - that's why you can buy anything Euro at amazingly low prices compared to new outside their three or five year warranties. A mate of mine was quoted - and this is absolutely true - almost $300 for what was in truth a - wait for it - a Washer! His mechanic found something that cost .50cents and did the job!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
My brother in law wanted to import the current mustang on a recent (Sept) trip to the USA, and have it converted here in Australia. The Mustang Dealers told him that they were being exported as an RHD configuration and he did the sums and it was indeed much cheaper. So I expect to see this car shortly.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »

Unsure about US build quality, but if you have ever owned a European car you will know what happens when the simplest thing breaks - that's why you can buy anything Euro at amazingly low prices compared to new outside their three or five year warranties. A mate of mine was quoted - and this is absolutely true - almost $300 for what was in truth a - wait for it - a Washer! His mechanic found something that cost .50cents and did the job!

Ferrari excels with this after sales mindset.

A 10 inch long split radiator hose with a prancing horse stamped on the side of it cost $800. A trip to Supercheap Auto and it was fixed for less than $20.

Paying for a brand name, nothing more.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »
I'm a Ford/Mazda man and this Mustang looks brilliant there is no doubt but $50K - seriously? I don't think so, there are a LOT of other cars for that money that will eat this.

My wife is hanging on to her RX8 in the hope that Mazda will replace it soon with the new (much rumoured) RX7??

We have owned (and raced including Bathurst) rotary powered Mazdas for 30+ years and I don't want to give up now!!! Neither does Mrs Homepin - she loves her rotary powered cars!

Pinnies4Me is exactly right about Euro cars (and bikes) - never again for me, the repair and parts prices are seriously idiotic.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
I am NOT a ford fan, but, this is a nice beast. Muscle cars always win, not speed but road stance, noise and the size.
Only milk and orange juice comes in 2 litres! Ha ha
Bigger better faster more  ^^^
If you whinge at the money buy a TATA, Kia or Hyundai  &&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 02:01:09 AM »
The pricing is way off. But there are a lot of crazy eager people who always rush in just to be the first to show one off on the road.
I will bet prices will drop by Apx ten grand after the first 12 months when the dust settles.

Re warranties on Euro cars, you can buy a unlimited kilometre five year warranty from Benz for Business customers etc. German build versus USA build. I will go with our Germanic friends who are perfectionists.
The yanks build great aircraft carriers, but have seen and heard a lot of build quality in the past with USA imports ?

Let's see how things pan out ....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:21:31 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 02:38:03 AM »
Meh...most of those unlimited warranties are little more than a perception of value adding sales tactic. Those Benzes will be traded in within 3 and never leave the bitumen (or the CBD for that matter).

Try offering a similar warranty that covers wear and tear from Tarmac rallying through the Adelaide Hills or offroad racing through Tassie ....then we'll talk.  #@#