Author Topic: SS pin repairs  (Read 331 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: SS pin repairs
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »
some times i am glad the repair guides were taken down, as some people treat them as a bible. I then have to explain to them why some of their boards didn't have umpteen dozen wires all over the back of them when they were released  from the bally or wms factory. but they have run for 20 years without the wires in a commercial environment.
some wires are needed and some are not. Not all capacitors need to be replaced with higher values (as per the guides)
I have lost count of how many times people have asked me "why didnt u install the jumper wires" on my wpc driver board.
i tell them "if it fails because it needs the extra wires then i will pay for the postage both ways and do the hacks for free"
there is a lot of useful info in the repair guides but some of it is over kill.
if you need to increase the value of the capacitor on your av board to stop your display from flickering then your display is nearly ready for replacement. again they ran for years with the OEM caps wth no flickering.
I was told by another tech i know "i put the jumper wires on to keep the pintards happy"
sorry if i offend any one here but thats my point of view

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)