Author Topic: WHAT DO YOUR PARTNERS THINK OF YOUR HOBBY?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Re: WHAT DO YOUR PARTNERS THINK OF YOUR HOBBY?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »
Well my missus keeps telling me it was me who played the pinnies and not her.
When I say "do you remember Sinbad?" she smiles and says I dont play pinballs and I do not remember!. Still smiling as she says it!
Just a defensive mechanism to prevent incremental additions to the pinball investment fund! (such as Sinbad)

She certainly likes to see all our 4 kids and their friends come home and play the pinnies and acrade games and have fun!

And I suppose having me at home working on the pinnies and having fun is different to others who go to the pub all night!

Anyway all good! Go Sinbad!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Micksamusements

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009, 12:34:44 AM »
I have great support from the wife. I went to sell Black Rose and she was pissed, lucky it didn't sell. She was not happy to see me sell it, so yes I have great support

pinballist

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009, 08:32:15 AM »
Thanks starting this thread Daniel, it's nice to read all the other responses.

Although my wife never played pinball growing up or is terribly excited about it, she does understand that with us working long hours 7 days a week I need some sort of release. I don't go out, stopped drinking and smoking years ago and haven't played in a band since the early 90's!

My last hobby was photography and film-making however when that turned into a full-time business I knew at some stage I had to rekindle the old pinnie hobby, I mean crikey a man needs something other than work in his life!!

She's also happy that the kids like it as much as their beloved Playstation 2 and also that the machines are actually worth a little more once they're restored.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:50:13 AM by Evro »

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »
My wife 'tolerates' my obsession, does enjoy the odd game, and definitely prefers it when I am selling rather than buying...

cheers
Ian

Offline qwertyuiop

• Forum Posts:
  • central victoria
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
My wife tolerates my hobby only because she has no idea how many pinball machines I actually have.   She thinks I only have 3,  Whirlwind, Simpsons and Sttng   *.*.   Little does she know about the other 4 hidden away  :lol

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »
I voted "Enjoys Playing them" although she is kinda halfway between that and "no interest whatsoever" . I can't complain as she lets me get what I want for them and lets me attend the meets and stuff . She is starting to know a bit more about them which is good and was recently thinking seriously about buying a G'n'R which she was very excited about ( She's a huge Gunners fan) . Unfortunately though it was out of reach of the budget at the time ... It's still on my want list though (mostly as a sweetener to get her to let me buy more) ... that's 1 for you ... 2 for me ... etc.   %.%

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »
I voted NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER

However she did spend 2 whole weekends the other week making 6 x little matching black covers for all of them so the UV Rays dont bite  *)*
So maybe she was interested in just covering them up  :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »
I voted not interested. She is happy to see me happy, for example we are parteners in my business so Kevin Rudd gave us $900 each which she gave me her half to buy my latest pin T2, how goods that! Im happy  <.>

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »
I keep saying to her, we don't really need another pinball machine hon.  I've got too many other things to do around the house and fix up, other machines to play and all of that stuff.  Plus, we haven't got the game room ready and don't know how much space we'll have.

But she won't listen.  She says that 2 just won't do and that I should be keeping an eye out for a good White Water.  She's obsessed I tell ya.

Or not. %.%

But she does enjoy playing at least.

pinballist

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »
Nice try Pete, you nearly had me fooled. LOL  :)

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Yeah if only - what happened to the "ro" Ev?

pinballist

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
My wife actually surprised me the other day when she admitted it was foolish of me to part out that Genie - I think she's slowly getting with the programme :D
Ev is my nickname in real life :)

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »

I meet my wife playing pinball in my old video store

she also runs PSP web site and packs all your orders
and helped today unload the containers

she loves Judge Dredd  too

and  be nice  she is going to become a member here ... so if you want your orders packed   be nice

mark

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »

and  be nice  she is going to become a member here ... so if you want your orders packed   be nice

mark

Fresh Meat i promise ill behave  &&       

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »

mark

Fresh Meat i promise ill behave  &&       

she will beat you to a pulp  and then take your pins away and I will sell them .....