Author Topic: Do all rubbers come from the same factory?  (Read 231 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Do all rubbers come from the same factory?
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »

(this is a question about traditional white and black pinball rubbers, not new generation superbands)

Is there just one company producing pinball rubbers or are there a handful of makers with varying degrees of quality control?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Do all rubbers come from the same factory?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »

(this is a question about traditional white and black pinball rubbers, not new generation superbands)

Is there just one company producing pinball rubbers or are there a handful of makers with varying degrees of quality control?

Suzo Happ manufacture a wide range of standard pinball rubbers in their facility at Zhuhai (near Shenzhen and Macau) pronounced "Jew High" but their prices are too rich for me. I have visited their factory and they have sent reps to see me.

I am certain there are several other factories in the USA making them as well but I have no knowledge of them?

Here are some pics taken when I (and two of my staff) visited the SH factory - the pics are mainly of their mountain of plastic moulds. They have about 20 injection machines and certainly do make a huge range of parts in-house. I observed that their quality control practices were world class without a doubt.

This is a screenshot of part of a quote from Suzo Happ to me - for AUD divide by 5 approx. Note also prices are delivery for the Homepin factory in Shenzhen and the first price applies (no tax) as the parts are for export. You can quickly see the prices are (in many cases) higher than retail in Australia and MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) is around 50 for most items!!! WTF???

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:40:21 PM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Do all rubbers come from the same factory?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Very interesting, thanks for the insight, Mike.