Author Topic: Stern "The Walking Dead" LE Review  (Read 58843 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern "The Walking Dead" LE Review
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
The premium/le has this cross bow thing that seems to trap the ball on the apron and you have to shake the hell out of the game and go through ball searches. Its a real deal breaker for me. Also I find a lot of air balls especially flying off the ramps that also ruined game play for me. This occurred more times than not.

The crossbow is a hindrance when working (1 in 10 games) - I think the Pro is a better game as it does not have the crossbow.

The problems we have seen on most LE's is that the crossbow can't find home and then gently moves forward, blocking the ball from entering the assembly. When it does work, you press the button on the LDB and there's a delay before it fires (button works perfect in test and woodbury mode). Most of the time the ball flies out of the crossbow (late) and belts into the bash toy or a post rubber and ends up SDTM. Even if it worked 100%, I still think is an addition that offers nothing to the game. A pointless "extra".

I just didn't get it... not sure why this is meant to be a great game.
Single bumper 2 ramps and nothing much more to shoot for.. wheres the game?

What code did the game have ? Early code was a complete catastrophe, and later code is much much better. Two ramps shots are great. Prison multiball is a blast, and the well walker mutliball is dead easy. Cascade multiballs, and "kill" as many zombies as possible. The game is "violent" - just look at the blood splatter detail on the clear plastic protectors all over the playfield.

I gave this game plenty of time to grow on me, but I was impressed straight after the first code update (Magnet SDTM issues).

The show was good but it has gotten to the point of jumping the shark in season 6, plot lines are getting stupid.
The game is good but not brilliant, there are heaps of better games around.
Played the LE and the Pro and I prefer the LE.

Stopped watching after Episode 4. Completely lost direction. Meaningless violence rather than a good old fashioned "horror" show. No storyline, just a boring co existence with Zombies. I'm sure there will soon be a scene like "American Werewolf

Vikings, Sleepy Hollow and The Originals has gone way past TWD - and none of those are considered Horror TV series.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia