Author Topic: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania  (Read 11096 times)

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Changed the power switch to under the RHS of headbox to save wire? WTF?

LOL
maybe theres a remote control  (as a extra mod) 
or a cordless mouse maybe even a wireless keyboard

did Stern sack everyone that had a IQ higher than 70
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
I'd like a new stern but being a short arse I could never turn it on so I guess that's it for new sterns for me.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
From AMD email:

2 MODELS AVAILABLE

WWE WRESTLEMANIA PRO PINBALL - $7850.00

WWE WRESTLEMANIA LE PINBALL - $11,250.00

Interesting to note is that prices on all other models currently in stock have also risen to match the WWE pricing....... #@#

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Interesting to note is that prices on all other models currently in stock have also risen to match the WWE pricing....... #@#

That's fine if the prices of local stock bought with a stronger Aussie dollar increases in price because that it what the value of the machines are now with a weaker Aussie dollar.  BUT that means that if the Aussie dollar increases, local stock bought with a weaker Aussie dollar should decrease in price, incurring a loss to the importer.

If they aren't prepared to drop prices with a stronger dollar on old stock, then they should not increase prices with a weaker dollar on old stock.

I think we all know what would happen if the dollar strengthens...

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
From AMD email:

2 MODELS AVAILABLE

Geez :(

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »
A week ago the pricing for everything Pro was $7100.

You can't just increase prices by $750 for no reason.
Even I think that is too expensive for any Pro, new system or not.

Can someone post the original email pricing list from AMD here for all the models.
I just can't see anyone swallowing such a price increase.
If the prices have jumped by $750 overnight, Stern will lose a lot of sales in Australia. AMD should not be increasing costs so much so quickly.

Going to send AMD and Stern USA a few emails me thinks.
Not happy Jan. If it's true...
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
From AMD email:

2 MODELS AVAILABLE

Official now.

http://www.amdcoinop.com/#!pinball-machines/c17eu

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2015, 05:01:28 PM »
From AMD email:

2 MODELS AVAILABLE

Official now.

http://www.amdcoinop.com/#!pinball-machines/c17eu

That's crazy :( I just got in but no more :(

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2015, 06:22:18 PM »
A price increase from Stern and the Australian dollar is the unfortunate reason.
I understand that prices may be negotiable on everything Pro except WWE.
Negotiating on shaker motors being incl is also up your sleeve.

I am going to work out what I can get a Pro from a USA dealer, add 20 percent to cover our exchange rate then add $500 for import duties n taxes n shipping to Australia to see what the difference might be compared to our Aust pricing on a Pro.
It seems the Aust dollar was too good for too long.
Not sure if this will stop me from buying BNIB Sterns or not but it's making think very heavily about it ! And I am the biggest Stern fan in Australia so it's not going to be well received by 99 percent of Stern buyers.....

Will do some math and do another post shortly...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:02:59 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
So some figures from the USA.

Anyone can buy the following pins from almost every Stern Dealer for these amounts

Star Trek Pro $5495
Mustang Pro $5495
The Walking Dead Pro $5495
Metallica Pro $5495

Most say free shipping to various parts of the USA.
Shipping is usually apx $300 in the USA so I am going to leave the shipping price on so you don't have to buy the machine on a special new MasterCard or some other offer that is required to get potential free shipping within USA.

So the cost of the game is USA $5495 plus $300 ship which totals $5795.

Take $5795 and add 20 percent to the price to get it into perspective with our shitty Aussie dollar.
$5795 now becomes $6954 Australian.

Add Apx $550 Aussie to import/ship/tax/insure plus add mandatory Govt duties and shipping to AMD and you now have $7504. Say $7500.

These are approx figures thrown together using the figures I can find on Ebay USA and my experience of bringing in machines from USA. I could be spot on, I could be off by 10 percent.

So the cost AMD wants is $7850. My guesstimate cost is $7500.
The other factor to consider is that all the USA Ebay pricing ranges from $5495 to $5795 to start with. I took the lowest figures to begin with. If I started with the later figure our Australian price would have reached apx $7850.

So we are not getting ripped,  we seem to be paying pro-rata what we should be given the overseas prices.
It's the Australian dollar. What can u do ?

Negotiate hard when dealing with the good people at AMD.
Get a shaker motor and a set of rails thrown in. That's about $400 worth of retail product. Doesn't hurt to ask.
The pricing is hard to swallow at first for the Pro models but my math tells me it's where all the variables say it should be.

Anyone think my quik calculation sounds about right ??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:03:40 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Gorgonzola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2015, 07:01:42 PM »
Such a shame to see all this technical innovation (for better or worse) squandered on a hideous looking piece of shit.

This. I can't think of many themes I'd be less interested in.

Even if I tried to overlook that... the gameplay footage I've seen indicates that a large portion of time is spent just randomly poking the ball around in the wrestling ring up the top which looks awfully boring. I find on some games that the pop bumpers ruin the flow if they trap the ball for too long. The wrestling ring seems to take it a step further by making this frustration of mine the actual objective.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
It's like the under Playfield on Congo, the longer you stay in there the more points and annimations and Audio bytes u get. Something different. Some games with long PPP bumper times give your wrists and brain a quik rest.
Wait til u play it in person is what I say about any new pin cause you then feel the whole package...,

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »
Negotiation? What negotiation room is there with a monopolistic distribution system?

No one but noob walk ins pay those retail prices quoted in the US.

Stern distros in the US are more of an oligopoly who actually have to compete for your dollar to get a sale. Stern try to regulate that by sending out memoranda to their distributors immediately prior to product shipment which contain what is called M.A.P (minimum advertised pricing). This is not binding (as like Australia, that is illegal) but it is highly "persuasive" when you belong to a limited supply chain like pinball machines. That is why so many "under the table" deals occur with US Stern distributors to customers. I imported my BIBLE in this manner and it still came in way under what the Aus distro was charging NIB at the time. The downside is that there is no warranty whatsoever and the local Aus distributor doesn't want to know you.

When all is said and done, it really all comes down to how much value you place on a limited warranty and local after sales service (if any). Because that is all the added value you are getting by buying locally.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Negotiation? What negotiation room is there with a monopolistic distribution system?

No one but noob walk ins pay those retail prices quoted in the US.

Stern distros in the US are more of an oligopoly who actually have to compete for your dollar to get a sale. Stern try to regulate that by sending out memoranda to their distributors immediately prior to product shipment which contain what is called M.A.P (minimum advertised pricing). This is not binding (as like Australia, that is illegal) but it is highly "persuasive" when you belong to a limited supply chain like pinball machines. That is why so many "under the table" deals occur with US Stern distributors to customers. I imported my BIBLE in this manner and it still came in way under what the Aus distro was charging NIB at the time. The downside is that there is no warranty whatsoever and the local Aus distributor doesn't want to know you.

When all is said and done, it really all comes down to how much value you place on a limited warranty and local after sales service (if any). Because that is all the added value you are getting by buying locally.

"like"

and very correct
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
How u going to get around the USA version which won't work here with the 50 HZ issue or whatever was built in to stop rogue imports.
The old work around is now defunct on the new SPIKE system being implemented.......

I have always been able to negotiate with AMD in Sydney on pricing. Everytime I bought a BNIB I got to negotiate a fair price I enjoyed. Negotiation is available when buying. Just ask.