Author Topic: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania  (Read 11094 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »
Wonder if they supply the extra 10c of wire needed to put the on/off switch back in the body on the LE?
Surely an extra $3500 can cover 3m of wire. What a joke  @.@

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »
Wonder if they supply the extra 10c of wire needed to put the on/off switch back in the body on the LE?
Surely an extra $3500 can cover 3m of wire. What a joke  @.@

Gotta agree the on/off switch should be where It's always been :)

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
I believe they will be selling a remote to control on/off etc. This is all part of the value add campaign by them!
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »
How u going to get around the USA version which won't work here with the 50 HZ issue or whatever was built in to stop rogue imports.
The old work around is now defunct on the new SPIKE system being implemented.......

I have always been able to negotiate with AMD in Sydney on pricing. Everytime I bought a BNIB I got to negotiate a fair price I enjoyed. Negotiation is available when buying. Just ask.

If someone can purchase direct from USA and pay an individual shipping price that still remains UNDER what your friendly negotiable local Aus dealer is charging.Then STERN make it impossible for anyone to be able to do this in the future, you have to come to the conclusion that Stern are only interested in a monopoly system here. Your local friendly negotiable distributor is taking the piss and the Aus purchaser is being taken for a ride.
The internet has opened the world to Australia.. it is no longer the "isolated island" that saw higher prices here than anywhere else. You can buy and move money to and from any country at the touch of a button, unless of course someone closes this avenue for no reason other than a deliberate act to MAKE you pay more. Less choice = higher prices.
But hey!!! Those guys at AMD are real friendly and who isn't willing to pay more for a product if you can have a nice cosy phone conversation? The guys at your monopolistic outlet really are the best chums money can buy!

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
From AMD email:

2 MODELS AVAILABLE

WWE WRESTLEMANIA PRO PINBALL - $7850.00

WWE WRESTLEMANIA LE PINBALL - $11,250.00

Interesting to note is that prices on all other models currently in stock have also risen to match the WWE pricing....... #@#

Way too rich for me, even if I liked the theme (I don't).
Can't see myself buying too many Sterns in the future with those prices. ^.^
Oh well, I have too many pins anyway. !@#
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I'm still trying to ascertain as to whether AMD actually do negotiate on prices of NIB pins. Unless the definitions of negotiation and fair mean paying the full recommended retail 2012 NIB prices at time of purchase?

I have always been able to negotiate with AMD in Sydney on pricing. Everytime I bought a BNIB I got to negotiate a fair price I enjoyed. Negotiation is available when buying. Just ask.

My ACDC Pro was $5950 minimum pricing paid in full upfront but you have to add delivery from Sydney to QLD which was $300 plus $250 shaker motor which is a must have which equals a minimum of $6500 delivered.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:06:48 PM by pinsanity »

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »
These prices are getting insane.

I would have thought a business that relies heavily on US imports would have hedged the $ a while back.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2015, 11:02:07 PM »
the gameplay footage I've seen indicates that a large portion of time is spent just randomly poking the ball around in the wrestling ring up the top which looks awfully boring. I find on some games that the pop bumpers ruin the flow if they trap the ball for too long. The wrestling ring seems to take it a step further by making this frustration of mine the actual objective.

I thought the same thing, what it the point of the lower PF? The ball spends so much time on the upper PF then pauses when hit into the top hole then some more time bouncing around, when it finally drops out onto the bottom there are two ramps leading back up there   (((

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »
I'm still trying to ascertain as to whether AMD actually do negotiate on prices of NIB pins. Unless the definitions of negotiation and fair mean paying the full recommended retail 2012 NIB prices at time of purchase?

O
My ACDC Pro was $5950 minimum pricing paid in full upfront but you have to add delivery from Sydney to QLD which was $300 plus $250 shaker motor which is a must have which equals a minimum of $6500 delivered.

I have always negotiated and received the shaker motor for no costing. I bought other BNIB pins and always received money off delivery and shakers. Yes they do negotiate.
Have you ever bought a new pinball from AMD and purchased a machine from Bruce or Michael.

I listed the then exact costings that were being charged, I didn't say I paid that in full !

As for gameplay, wait til the machine at least arrives here and we all get to play it. Hard to write anything off til u have at least played a game ...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:01:13 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2015, 07:21:58 AM »
le pics, has the lcd screen above the ring.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:23:40 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
hi res of the playfield

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Stern-WWE-LE-Playfield1.jpg

and a zoom up of the third flipper and the coat hanger wham arm bat
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
The more we see the more like hey? It's looking pretty dam good :)

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
why does Jesus have to be crucified above the bumpers? well thats what it looks like to me  @.@
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
why does Jesus have to be crucified above the bumpers? well thats what it looks like to me  @.@

Lol it does to :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »
The LE definately looks the goods. Looks like the GOLD edition LE !
Certainly will stick out in any collection.
Can't wait to see one in person as well as the Pro WWE.
Well done !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !