Author Topic: On the Stern Production line now !  (Read 611 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
On the Stern Production line now !
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:08:50 AM »
I asked Stern USA last night what is in production and -

Current and Still In production are - (as at 9th Jan 2015)

WWE Wrestlemania - Pro and LE
TWDead - Pro and Premium and last of the LE
Mustang - various
Star Trek - various
ACDC - various models in stock/finishing before licence finalises or renews
Metallica - various

So it seems Stern is going great guns accross the board and demand is still steady for various models.
I didn't like the days where only a very short run got done then you missed out.
Longer production times mean u can save for that special title you still want and have a better chance of getting one brand new in box.

I am also told that a vault edition can be done once orders hit 50 plus. If Stern is in a position stock wise and feel the desire. I was told it had to be 100 minimum but maybe the new factory will be more accomodating. Stern will do a big stocktake soon with the new factory move. I expect more Vault editions to turn spares into cash $. Why not.
I found this picture so thought I would post it up.

Ironman Vault now finished but who knows, might get done again ?

AMD Sydney aren't advertising all the machines on their website but if Stern USA are still building, then it seems reasonable that an Aussie model could be made and shipped if u have the $.

With 3 new production lines being built at the new factory, and I am told the lines are going to be able to handle more production than ever before, it seems inevitable that vault editions may become the norm. A great way to use left over stock for Stern and a great way to custom make machines for the diehard fans.

I am also betting that the remake of MediEvil Madness will be the first of a decent list for Planetary Pinball.
I am wondering how many other companies will take their designs to Stern and ask for a number to be built.

The question I am wondering about, is will any future VAULT editions be only the new hardware/Spike System or will some remakes stay true to the now defunct method of the old wiring harness style etc. I guess it gets down to what parts Stern has left over and the balance between old school and the cost to build that way versus going all out with SPIKE.

I might drop AMD a quick email and ask what they have in stock and for any specials they might be running over and above their usual monthly newsletter for the Stern fans we have on here. Cheers.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:29:04 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: On the Stern Production line now !
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:19:09 AM »

They are busy indeed - and supposedly they start MM refakes on Monday - surprised that was not on the list.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 02:37:12 AM »

They are busy indeed - and supposedly they start MM refakes on Monday - surprised that was not on the list.

I only asked for current Stern badged models.
I was assuming the MM was going to get done at the new building so I didn't ask.
Hoping Stern does a video and press release of the new factory. Some before and after shots would be very cool.
My USA trip in 2015 will incl the new factory tour I have pre-organised.
Looking forward to getting photos of all the great designers. Thinking I might take my son with me if he wants to come.
Hoping to see a pinball get made on the line that I will then buy and write my name in the box before it ships to AMD. Stern is very accomodating.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »
I'd put money down for The Simpsons Pinball Party Vault Edition right now. There is also major chatter on Pinside that a Lord of the Rings VE is being worked on right now. As always, no confirmation until Stern actually announce it. I'd be interested to grab one of those to experience what most pinheads consider Stern's best game.

I'd think the new SPIKE system would emulate both Whitestar and SAM. We'll see what the future holds.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »
I asked Stern last night about production of all the current models and if any current production will incl the new SPIKE system.
The response was that ONLY WWE Wrestling will be getting SPIKE and any future titles.
The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Mustang, Metallica and Iron Man will continue on being made using the pre SPIKE boards, wiring and parts.
I was wondering if future TWDead would get the new system given it should stay in production for some time to come but it was a definate NO to it having the SPIKE system.

I can see that it's probably safe to stay doing it this way because if they changed to the new system now, people who have recently bought all the various titles would go bananas and want to swap for the newer system.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 07:22:13 PM »
I wonder how many Mexican ladies will no longer have a job in the wiring dept with the simplified Spike system.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
I wonder how many Mexican ladies will no longer have a job in the wiring dept with the simplified Spike system.

They will probably move these ladies to other parts of the production lines.
Since they are going to 3 production lines instead of one, they will probably be hiring more people than retrenching.
Also, there's probably another 6 to 12 months left of producing titles like Star Trek, TWDead, Mustang and Metallica etc the older way which will need wiring harnesses.
Vault editions may have to be done the older way to use up existing parts that they have a lot of.
There was sometimes 3 or 4 women hovering over a playfield doing soldering as well. The wiring harness and soldering jobs will probably just move to doing something different. ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »
Forgot to mention, I will have to get a tan and practice my Spanglish so I can pass myself off as a typical production line worker and get my dream job at Stern putting BNIB pinballs together.
Getting paid to do that job for a year would be a bit of a dream come true.
Working at the very end of the line testing the games then boxing them would be the go.

I think a lot of us would be like kids in a candy shop.

Maybe Mike from Homepin wouldn't mind a factory visit and let a few of us go wild on Thunderbirds.

Offline Ferrone

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
  • One is never enough!
Re:
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »
Great read! Thank you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
Great read! Thank you

Your welcome. It's nice to get an occassional thankyou.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:22:45 PM »
Thanks Brett
Go for a  spray tan !

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
Find out the recruitment agency they are employed through and sign up - on the proviso you will only work for Stern. Probably the $7.25 - $9 an hour will take a while to accumulate before another NIB can be had!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 04:29:52 AM »
I will work for Stern for free as long as I can have the youngest and hottest Latino babe in the factory !