Author Topic: new innovation in pinball  (Read 1540 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: new innovation in pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »
^^^ Metallica has an awesome ball lock :) balls can be viewed under pf in the coffin lock before MB starts and combined with the hammer and magnet it's a very cool feature.
+1 and agree you don't need to go over the top, if you use something existing but use it in an innovative way, then I'm ok with that. 
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »

I like that concept Nick and think it would be cool if there wasn't even a shooter lane but balls launched from your idea, or from the centre of the apron - with one negative that it sort of removes the skill shot.

Agree re losing the skill shot, but maybe a topic for another thread - how many *really* good skill shots are there?
exactly, many skill shots are givens these days.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:32 PM »
The video looks good. Dunno if I'm sold but can see the potential. At least the open spaces of a playfield can consist of video targets etc and not just be an open space. There's nothing there to say no physical ramps, pops, and so on, and nice to see a moving bash toy that doesn't punish you by dropping the ball straight down the middle. If you're meant to hot something, then you should be rewarded, not punished like hitting the trunk on tom. Why have a piece of equipment that progresses you through a game and yet is a risk to losing the ball. I figure bad shots are the ones that cost you a ball, not the perfect one.