Author Topic: Stern pricing ? Why not send Stern USA etc a letter. ??  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Stern pricing ? Why not send Stern USA etc a letter. ??
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:00 AM »
The Stern price increase has shocked a lot of people.

So why not do something pro-active about it by writing Stern a email/letter and ask your questions and state your opinion politely and professionally and perhaps we might see price reductions. It seems pointless to complain about the pricing and not do anything. Companies respond to feedback but they can't read minds.
AMD can pass feedback onto Stern. It might help. I also did a thing on Facebook about the price increases. That gets seen by Stern and people worldwide.
AMD can't fix the Australian Dollar.

So why not send a polite email to AMD or Stern.

There are going to be people who will just Stern bash and they are never going to buy a BNIB Pinny even if the machine was $5,000 let alone $7100 or $7850.
This thread is not for you cause whining on isn't going to help anyone, espescially the future BNIB pricing.
To me, if u send a email then you are serious about the issue. If u couldn't be bothered sending a email then honestly the price increase isn't that important then is it.

What I wouldnt mind seeing if people are genuine, is a post saying

Email sent AMD
Email sent Stern USA

Bruce from AMD can pass on feedback to Stern.
Without your input, nothing price wise can be reconsidered. Food for thought.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:14:16 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Email sent AMD 13/1/15
Email sent USA 13/1/15

Response received 14/1/15

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
But you've already explained in another thread why there is an increase.. plus you have also posted in 3 threads to buy now from AMD to get the old reduced price.
They are moving to another factory and so need more money from their product, plus potential buyers are expected to pay for a new better than the previous rock solid never breaks down system.

Why did you bother sending an email?

oops.. silly me, im not allowed on this thread.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Because I have no intention to buy a NIB stern

Not willing to buy a basic model that has features removed

Not willing to pay over $8000 for a toy

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
But you've already explained in another thread why there is an increase.. plus you have also posted in 3 threads to buy now from AMD to get the old reduced price.
They are moving to another factory and so need more money from their product, plus potential buyers are expected to pay for a new better than the previous rock solid never breaks down system.

Gav your a funny man full of good old English sarcasm. My Irish grandmother was a ball breaker as well. You would have made a great couple.
My understanding or opinions on why, how, when n who are just discussion points like everyone else's.
There's no good in being critical unless you throw some balance in with constructive.
Stern have their reasons, AMD have theirs, but I still have my desire to see the prices come down so I wrote some emails and did something about it. Beats sitting on the sidelines wishing for change without having done something to get it.
I am a Stern fan. Yes. Because I am a pinball fan first and foremost.
If Stern hadn't of kept the torch alight, the industry wouldn't be here today. Got to be positive about that. Gary Stern has my respect.
I used to suffer severe depression but 6 years ago I discovered Stern and pinball and have enjoyed life a lot. So yes, I try to stay positive for many reasons.... My father was a negative complainer who whined and did little to fix things. I don't respect people like that.
Either do an email and speak up or sit on the fence in silence. Easy peazy. Lol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:16:31 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
or everyone can talk with their wallet and that will have more impact if they see sales drop considerably.

writing and talking is one thing, action speaks louder than words.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
or everyone can talk with their wallet and that will have more impact if they see sales drop considerably.

That's it isn't it? I would hate to see Stern go under but a drop in sales that is not made up for by the higher margin would send a message. 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

That's it isn't it? I would hate to see Stern go under but a drop in sales that is not made up for by the higher margin would send a message. 

Pinball forum users are a small percentage of NIB stern sales
A pledge to not buy the next step due to high prices would have little effect on ssales

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
My letter would probably ask one question
"What next, plastic and perspex cabinets?"
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

Pinball forum users are a small percentage of NIB stern sales
A pledge to not buy the next step due to high prices would have little effect on ssales

not saying we pledge, just as an individual don't buy if you don't like the price. Writing a letter and still buying with the price not being adjusted just says we are full of hot air

plus people like the marketing guy Jody aren't going to take note of any emails.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

Gav your a funny man full of good old English sarcasm. My Irish grandmother was a ball breaker as well. You would have made a great couple.
My understanding or opinions on why, how, when n who are just discussion points like everyone else's.
There's no good in being critical unless you throw some balance in with constructive.
Stern have their reasons, AMD have theirs, but I still have my desire to see the prices come down so I wrote some emails and did something about it. Beats sitting on the sidelines wishing for change without having done something to get it.
I am a Stern fan. Yes. Because I am a pinball fan first and foremost.
If Stern hadn't of kept the torch alight, the industry wouldn't be here today. Got to be positive about that. Gary Stern has my respect.
I used to suffer severe depression but 6 years ago I discovered Stern and pinball and have enjoyed life a lot. So yes, I try to stay positive for many reasons.... My father was a negative complainer who whined and did little to fix things. I don't respect people like that.
Either do an email and speak up or sit on the fence in silence. Easy peazy. Lol

Just keeping it real Brett... you can write all the emails you like but bottom line is that Stern would have sat down and worked out that the customer will pay for the company expansion and there will be an initial drop in sales for maybe the first year maximum. After that, it will all be water under the bridge and pinball people being what they are will pay any price for machines unseen. Its been proven over and over with sight unseen pre sales.. something only pinball can do!

I don't care if Stern carried the torch for all those years... its what they do now that affects buyers. As a business owner, I know that it can take years to get a potential customer but 2 seconds to lose them.
Does the price hike affect me?... No.. you already know that, im probably that last on here to buy a BIN Stern. But my Spider sense sniffs bullshit and sheer arrogance on Sterns part and for that everyone and anyone is allowed an opinion.

Stern may well be digging a bit of a grave for themselves here, but the pinball community will eventually fill it in for them. Being the first to have something that no one else has is what keeps the pre sale train rolling along and its full steam ahead as normal.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Is it just me or are there others simply sick and tired of this repetitive Stern worshipping rubbish?

It is a bigger turn off than price rises.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Is it just me or are there others simply sick and tired of this repetitive Stern worshipping rubbish?

easy, don't click on the thread
start threads about topics you like
hit the 'ignore' button

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW

easy, don't click on the thread
start threads about topics you like
hit the 'ignore' button

Where do I find the ignore button?  I haven't seen it in a while or do I need to change settings or something?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
An email is the most effective form of communication to give anyone current feedback on their selling practices or current pricing.
Stern need feedback like any company does.
They can't read people's minds.
A drop in sales on a particular title or two won't tell them what they need to know. They just might think Aussies don't like wrestling. But if you tell them their prices are too high then instantly they know what the public are thinking.
Writing a letter or email informs people. Information leads to decision making or perhaps changes.
Not buying is punishing. Punishment takes a long time.
You want prices to decrease asap, write a email.

Jody Dakenberg is extremely approachable as head of marketing. He never ignores a email. I know from years of communication with them.

So far I am seeing a lot of complaining but no one writing emails. I thought this would be the outcome. The price increases are obviously not a big deal then.....