Author Topic: ?? Best Home Collection u have ever seen in Australia ??  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
?? Best Home Collection u have ever seen in Australia ??
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
Something different.

What's the best Home Pinball Collection u have seen in Australia ??
Can be in person or via photos or a video. You can nominate your own collection if u want.
It doesn't have to be the biggest collection to be your nomination. It could just be someone who has the nicest 6 pinnys you have seen or like. Big collection or small collection , you nominate !

Share photos or videos or your visit story !
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:18:07 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
an AA member, Devil Rider in Adelaide, has a nice collection of Zaccarina (and Mr Game) machines
DDtoys has the most awesome shed
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:33:17 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Was hoping specifically for Pinball Collections, not stuff other than Pinball.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Since I am a big Stern fan, there's a member on AP called Scott ?? Who has a lot of BNIB Stern pinnys. But I only saw the collection by photos and there appeared to be apx 12 or more nice Sterns.

Then there is Petes(Gorgar) collection of nice new Sterns as well.
I am a fan of all things DMD so these two members machines stuck out to me.
I think the first member with the big Stern collections name Was Scott. ??I bought a ACDC neon topper from him for my ACDC machine so I hope I got the members names correct ? If not, I have to rethink the name?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:05:24 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Thanks Brett and I appreciate your kind words but there'd be heaps more guys with better games than me :) although I love my games :)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I'm sorry,by pinball you only mean NIB sterns
Well, to place would be you cavey. Nobody lovesStern more than you . so your collection is the greatest

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Well, to place would be you cavey. Nobody lovesStern more than you . so your collection is the greatest

Done. Close thread.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
an AA member, Devil Rider in Adelaide, has a nice collection of Zaccarina (and Mr Game) machines

I would love to play some Zac's very hard to find them out and about.

Also need to see Dan's shed one day hopefully.

Single best collection I have honestly seen was Nino's workshop! I know it is not technically a collection but they are all his machines aren't they?

Walking through his workshop was nothing short of Nirvana..... *%*

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
I haven't seen hardly any large home collections. As far as commercial guys go, Nino's for sheer scale. Rob at BCW has a large collection in mostly very very nice condition machines from a good spectrum of era's.

Would love to see a few pics of your collection cavey if you got any shots.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I have two Zaccaria's in the workshop - Devil Rider's and Farfalla. Both the best Gen 2 Zaccarias in my opinion. Pop in for a game a game or two !

I think my personal collection is just about where I want it to be. But aside from Paragon and Fireball, none are really up to standard. Good news is - the upstairs mezzanine will be converted into a "mancave" to house my personal collection as I restore them - available for anyone to play !

I think Michael Shalhoub or Alan Tate have the best collections. Alan Tate is rumored to have more than 1000 games.

Dan's collection is simply outstanding. Worth the trip alone (and his hospitality).

I would love to play some Zac's very hard to find them out and about.

Also need to see Dan's shed one day hopefully.

Single best collection I have honestly seen was Nino's workshop! I know it is not technically a collection but they are all his machines aren't they?

Walking through his workshop was nothing short of Nirvana..... *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I've been lucky over the last 12 months to see and play some awesome collections Bally Williams Sterns it's amazing how many games are out there in people's houses :) plus there's alot of guys not on any forums so there must 1000's of games in personal collections. I've also seen Dans setup man it's incredible an absolute museum of coin op games. Zaccaria can't say I've ever seen one in the flesh let alone played one., from what I've read they where unreliable and hard to repair am I right?

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Since I am a big Stern fan, there's a member on AP called Scott ?? Who has a lot of BNIB Stern pinnys. But I only saw the collection by photos and there appeared to be apx 12 or more nice Sterns.

I think the first member with the big Stern collections name Was Scott. ??I bought a ACDC neon topper from him for my ACDC machine so I hope I got the members names correct ? If not, I have to rethink the name?

Your a Stern fan? Never would have guessed.
Are you looking for the best collections or the best Stern collections?

Thread title suggests best collection.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

No. Not just new Sterns, any pinball machine. I don't have the best NIB Stern collection on here. Others do.
I was just saying that those two collections stuck out to me cause Sterns are my current flavour of the month, but I want other people's choices of what they think the best pinball collections are !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

Your a Stern fan? Never would have guessed.
Are you looking for the best collections or the best Stern collections?

Thread title suggests best collection.

No. Looking for any personal pinball collection. Doesn't have to be Stern or DMD or any manufacturer.
Just tell us your personal experiences of seeing a pinball collection that you have seen or really liked.
Interested in the story of u walking in and the first words you thought of etc.
Hoping u tell us about something u have seen versus heard about !
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:55:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I haven't seen hardly any large home collections. As far as commercial guys go, Nino's for sheer scale. Rob at BCW has a large collection in mostly very very nice condition machines from a good spectrum of era's.

Would love to see a few pics of your collection cavey if you got any shots.

I will find a thread that had Apx 40 or more DMD machines set up at the time for you. Collection has grown since then but it will show most of the DMD machines I think. It won't have any of the new Sterns in it but I can take some photos of them later if required.

Really hoping for other people's photos or stories of what collections they saw and their thoughts.