Author Topic: ?? Best Home Collection u have ever seen in Australia ??  (Read 3681 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
My collection is the best because its mine. I think everyone should be proud of what the have.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I've been lucky over the last 12 months to see and play some awesome collections Bally Williams Sterns it's amazing how many games are out there in people's houses :) plus there's alot of guys not on any forums so there must 1000's of games in personal collections. I've also seen Dans setup man it's incredible an absolute museum of coin op games. Zaccaria can't say I've ever seen one in the flesh let alone played one., from what I've read they where unreliable and hard to repair am I right?

Zaccaria's are only "difficult" to repair due to the fact there are not replacement boards (other than Homepin's MPU board). So for board jockey repairs - it is difficult. As long as you have schematics and are resourceful with parts, they are reliable, easy to repair and maintain. I've repaired a few dead games in the last two years - they are basic machines as long as you don't need to go too deep in their schematics as they are often wrong !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
PG, I am sure everyone is proud of their own machines, but the idea was to mention a friends or someone else's collection that you really liked or thought was worth showing off so to speak. A collection that impressed you !

Sometimes these threads are like pulling teeth. Lol

Anyone got anything to share ?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:09:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
PG, I am sure everyone is proud of their own machines, but the idea was to mention a friends or someone else's collection that you really liked or thought was worth showing off so to speak. A collection that impressed you !

Sometimes these threads are like pulling teeth. Lol

Anyone got anything to share ?

Yeh.. stop posting them and it wont be so painful for you... or.. stop being so  bloody restrictive.
Friggin forum nazi

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
It was supposed to be a really easy one to answer !

Share your version of a great or best pinball collection someone has in their home. !
I said home cause I didnt want everyone saying the Pinball museum in Las Vegas etc.
The idea was that some members might say my mate Jeb has a collection in his shed and he has 6 or 12 pinnys consisting of X etc.

I was hoping for pinball collections cause we are primarily a pinball forum.
It was for members to hear about some cool collections they hadn't heard about or seen before.
It's just a mutual admiration thing. It's not for someone to say my collection is better than yours. It's just a collection of pins u like regardless of size manufacture or situation.

OK, I will share a collection I have admired for years.
A Japaneese collector in Japan has Apx 30 or 40 mint machines in his three story townhouse in Japan. It's a beautiful collection of all things DMD.  Maybe I can find a link for it. Members would absolutely love Tis one.

Another collection I saw was on the Gold Coast. My friend has a
Mint Twilight Zone
MediEvil Madness
AFM
Addams Family
Indianna Jones WB
Theatre Magic
Tales Arabian Knights
Both Pin2000 models
Star Trek Next Generation and maybe a few I have forgotten which are all minty.
Rarely played ever but just a beautiful representation of pinballs nicest designed machines.

Another small collection from Southport is Robs. Always 6 or more immaculate Stern LE models.

Another GCoast collection is johns collection from Burleigh. A good 12 to 18 machines by now incl NIB Sterns, 90,s Dmds and a WOZ plus TWilight Zone and many others. A very nice collection.

All these people love inviting people over. Great to meet like minded people and see some lovely collections.

C,Mon Melb guys, can u describe some for interested members ? Pls.  ^^^

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:26:51 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Ohh, Chris Bucci has a great pinny collection as well. A very friendly USA Pinny collector with apx 40 plus machines. He has a lot of very nice pins from most eras. You may recall the various call videos he used to post on line.

I threw some collections outside of Australia so I don't get labelled restrictive. Lol
Anyone got anything to add please....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:21:10 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Minty, minty , minty
Stern, stern stern

II'd much rather go to Dan's place and have fun, fun, fun

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
But OK, I will play your game

I know a guy with a collection of one
It is a The Shadow, in perfect condition
Now, The Shadow is based on the movie, The Shadow
This guy has also collected toys and other merchandice that come out for the movie and has them displayed in a cabinet beside the game
Looks great

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Minty, minty , minty
Stern, stern stern

II'd much rather go to Dan's place and have fun, fun, fun

That minty minty minty collection was all Bally/Williams not Stern! Lol
I was going to do a Best Sheds thread so places like Dans(Ddstoys) could get mentioned and other guys who have nice cars with pinnys n arcades and other stuff. Trying to keep this to pinball only as the main attraction.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
But OK, I will play your game

I know a guy with a collection of one
It is a The Shadow, in perfect condition
Now, The Shadow is based on the movie, The Shadow
This guy has also collected toys and other merchandice that come out for the movie and has them displayed in a cabinet beside the game
Looks great

That's a cool room Pete. One pinny and a lot of posters n movie memorabilia and a cool themed room.
I know a guy with the four Star Trek pinnies from the first SS job, to the DE ST 25th to the WB Next Gen to the latest Stern Pro in a room with nothing but Star Trek stuff everywhere. Just a cool themed room. Sometimes some of the smallest collections can be some of the coolest.
I like the Shadow one. Awesome way to theme a room out for sure !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I've taken no offence by any comments here or in the past. But I thougt I did read the 'brief' correctly but may be wrong. In the original starter post I thought it said you can nominate your own collection. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
I've taken no offence by any comments here or in the past. But I thougt I did read the 'brief' correctly but may be wrong. In the original starter post I thought it said you can nominate your own collection. Sorry if I misunderstood.

It does.
I laughed when I read your reply.. thought it was very succinct

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I still think my collection is the best, but then I'm biased

Tz, rfm, swep1, fh, tom, t2, spacies, embryon.

And cv perspex backglass. I think that'll be the closest I'll ever get to own a cv  %.%

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

And cv perspex backglass. I think that'll be the closest I'll ever get to own a cv  %.%

Nice! But I think I will need to see the collection in person to decide if it is indeed the 'best'  &&

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

And cv perspex backglass. I think that'll be the closest I'll ever get to own a cv  %.%

That is one great line up! ^^^