Author Topic: ?? Best Home Collection u have ever seen in Australia ??  (Read 3680 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I still think my collection is the best, but then I'm biased

Tz, rfm, swep1, fh, tom, t2, spacies, embryon.

And cv perspex backglass. I think that'll be the closest I'll ever get to own a cv  %.%

Nice! But I think I will need to see the collection in person to decide if it is indeed the 'best'  &&
damn I've been caught out..... %.%.....no probs I have plans once my embryon is back together.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I still think my collection is the best, but then I'm biased

Tz, rfm, swep1, fh, tom, t2, spacies, embryon.

And cv perspex backglass. I think that'll be the closest I'll ever get to own a cv  %.%

That is one great line up! ^^^
thanks much appreciated

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
PG, I am sure everyone is proud of their own machines, but the idea was to mention a friends or someone else's collection that you really liked or thought was worth showing off so to speak. A collection that impressed you !

Sometimes these threads are like pulling teeth. Lol

Anyone got anything to share ?

Yeh.. stop posting them and it wont be so painful for you... or.. stop being so  bloody restrictive.
Friggin forum nazi

#*#  :lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I've seen some collections that impressed me greatly. Even moreso, the pride in which the collectors revere their machines. Diversity is what I look for in a collection, and I'm impressed with rare games. A niche collection in a niche hobby. My personal collection reflects my history, my memories and the sentimental value more than the cookie collection. My earliest memory was a GTB "Super Score", "Sky Jump" and "showboat". I have my father's Sky Jump - he operated in straight out of the box. Same with a "Spirit of 76". It means the world to me that I own them. I have Bally Bingos - again - operated since new, and recently removed from hibernation. Memories of Williams "Winner" - thanks to a trade with Oscar - I have one. The "golden age" of pinball is well represented - KISS, Paragon (since new), Viking, Medusa, Fathom, Flash Gordon, Eight Ball Deluxe, Xenon, Embryon (thanks Wotto), Centaur (thanks Gavin), Flight 2000 (thanks Marco), Freefall - All games I remember and played as a child. Then there is the infamous GTB SYS80 that were side by side at Flashbacks in 1983 ish - Black Hole, Haunted House and Spirit - and a recently traded Rocky (thanks Oscar). All part of my history.

DMDs were not really my thing, as the operating days were over around the time of Street Fighter II - But I HAD to have a Cirqus Voltaire and I have a Scared Stiff coming. The Walking Dead would be in my collection if the price was right, but for now - I'm happy.

On the journey - I've added Six Sticks - rare as hell - first 6 player game ever made (No - it was not $6MDM), Mariner - for its amazing artwork, Wizard, Nip It and Captain Fantastic because Bally EMs are my favorite. The jewel in the crown is my really nice Fireball.

I'm still looking. Would love to find that Super Score, Touchdown, Showboat, Zodiac, Hayburners.. I game i'd love to own would be "Rocket Ship" as it was the first woodrail imported in the mid fifties that Dad can remember. The schematic is in my library. The machine was some to a collector in St Kilda in the 70's. I will never be able to have THAT particular game, but I 'd like one anyway.

MY collection is diverse - and the most important aspect for me is that each game has a story to tell. As far as I'm concerned - they are all fun players. All pinballs are. That's why I LOVE seeing other people's collections - two games or twenty - I want to know the history and play the game.

One day I'll have them all ready - side by side. It is a dream, and irrespective of the fact I run a business around pinball, it is still something that keeps me focused. I'll do it one day..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Gruntis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
Tony over at the Illawarra Steelers Shed had a great collection if your into EMs. Only been there the once but was very impressed and had a great time.
He had about 25-30 there and when they are all going, the noise is both deafening and awesome at the same time

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Tony over at the Illawarra Steelers Shed had a great collection if your into EMs. Only been there the once but was very impressed and had a great time.
He had about 25-30 there and when they are all going, the noise is both deafening and awesome at the same time

+ 1 I've been to a couple of meets at Tony's and his games are awesome. He's one of the nice blokes in pinball :)

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Where is the like button lol
Rob your collection is great mate, and to see your enthusiasm about each game is awesome.
Also Daniel, yours is great as well in a different way as your so proud of everything you own be it pinball or other coin op. Pleasure to meet you both and have the privelidge to play your machines. As for you Nino I don't think collection describes what you own mate, I have never seen so many machines in one place. Congrats to all of you and thanks for being such nice people.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Where is the like button lol
Rob your collection is great mate, and to see your enthusiasm about each game is awesome.
Also Daniel, yours is great as well in a different way as your so proud of everything you own be it pinball or other coin op. Pleasure to meet you both and have the privelidge to play your machines. As for you Nino I don't think collection describes what you own mate, I have never seen so many machines in one place. Congrats to all of you and thanks for being such nice people.

thanks mate. Some of my comments about my collection was a little tongue in cheek in that this hobby shouldn't be a competition but to admire and appreciate eveyone's collection. Only the true pinheadz of this world look passed the superficial stuff and enjoy playing pinball for what its worth......a great lot of fun on your own or with others.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
So be it Rob, in my opinion a great collection is variety of machines, which you have mate. It doesn't have to be 20 or 40  machines.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Pinball would have to have the most wankers than any other hobby you get the normal guys or the my dicks bigger than yours guys or the never bloody happy wankers

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Pinball would have to have the most wankers than any other hobby you get the normal guys or the my dicks bigger than yours guys or the never bloody happy wankers

mmm,think i am all three categories,but i only have a small..........................collection
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:

Yep. You start off just hoping some people will tell some stories about some cool pinball collections they have seen and you get everything but. Lol
Oh well, u can only try.

Still hoping to hear about some other cool home pinball collections.
Does anyone know the name of the AP member who has a lot of brand new Stern games ? I forgot the members name but think he is a friend of Chillies or lives over that way ?
Is it Cruiserman or have I got it totally wrong.
The member had a really large Stern collection of DMDs.

Also ANT68 (Tony) from Logan has a large collection of B/W and Sterns and every other manufacturer.
Wish we had more photos on this thread. Tony is also a top bloke.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Tony has an impressive woodrail and EM collection (ANT68). I've seen some pictures and they are simply stunning.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Tony's DMD collection is awesome as well. Every high end pin you would ever want.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thanks for the kind words guys ,I'd love to share some photos any chance for a Woodrail category or something like that ? ( unless there's one now )