Author Topic: Pinball Road Trip and New Pin Day yesterday!!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Pinball Road Trip and New Pin Day yesterday!!
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:21:20 PM »
G'day all,

Thought i'd share a few pics of my latest purchase, Zaccaria Time Machine. I had always said i'd never own a SS Zac, but having done some work on this one in the past, and the fact that i always DID love the look of the Zac pins, this was a bit too hard to resist when Martin, a mate of mine had decided to put it up for sale!

Ian (Ap member 'howzat') and i did a road trip to Uralla yesterday to Martins place to pick this game up (and a Stern Wildfyre that we are selling on our mate Martin's behalf), and to drop off the Cosmic Princess that i was swapping for Time Machine.

The Cosmic Princess was second of two CPs i had, that i bought as a project, in a pretty sorry state with the intention of restoring and selling as part of my business. Well.. when Martin got wind of the fact that i had it he had other ideas and promptly started badgering me to sell it to him (CP was a grail title of his).  Anyway fast forward about six months i finally relented, Martin was wanting a new project, and a deal was struck where i would swap him the non working badly in need of TLC CP, for this slightly beat up but fully operational Time Machine!! He also got the stash of new parts i had started collecting up for this game as part of the deal  *%*

Anyway after the six hour round trip (plus the two hours or so spent playing pins before the drive home!!) i had the game brought straight into the house as it worked ok (with only minor lamp connector issues), and had it set up and running in no time  #*#

As you can see in this 1st pic there is quite a bit of fading in the blue, which i may try to tidy it up at a later date (NO WAY am i going to attempt to re stencil this!!)  *.* I'm quite content to leave it (for now at least), and play it and fix up the few minor problems at my leisure..

The playfield, like most Zacs is in pretty decent shape with no paint damage  #*# Its mylared and the IS some mylar damage on some of the inserts it still looks quite good. The second set of flippers was missing when Martin got the game and had the posts and rubbers you see in these pic in their place. And HE put the white Gtb flipper bats on that are currently on.

I know its a bit of a longshot but if anyone reading this has any Zac flipper bits n pieces floating arount they dont want let me know!

A couple of backglass pics; The most disappointing thins about this outer glass is that it had been cracked at some stage.. no its NOT tempered glass!! You can see where the break was running from the top left corner to the bottom rh side  !!! Someone had managed to rescue this by gluing the two halves back together! Its seems quite strong but its always scary whenever the glass has to be removed. Martin actually had this given to him by Michael Shalhoub, the game had no outer bg when he originally purchased the game.

Once again i'm content to leave it as is as i don't like my chances of finding a better one  *.*

I'd never seen Time Machine before when Martin originally got this one about six years ago not working, and it took the two of us about two years all up before it was finally running. The boards ended up being repaired by Pinball Fixers when i gave up on them  ^&^  They did the power supply MPU and driver boards and i repaired the displays and replaced most of the connectors when the other boards were finally working.

All in all i'm pretty pleased to have it. As i said i have always LOVED the look of these Zac SS pins, and loved the unique sounds they had. I used to play Robot and Magic Castle back in the day and liked them a lot. Having this game for me is the next best thing to owning the other two titles!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Pinball Road Trip and New Pin Day yesterday!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:43 PM »
Dunno if I'd ever own a zac mainly because of parts and not knowing them play wise and fix it wise, but they are probably the most colourful and busy looking games. I like the look of them and they look interesting. I've gotta get me an opportunity to play me one. Your game looks great  ^^^ 
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
Dunno if I'd ever own a zac mainly because of parts and not knowing them play wise and fix it wise, but they are probably the most colourful and busy looking games. I like the look of them and they look interesting. I've gotta get me an opportunity to play me one. Your game looks great  ^^^ 

Yepp the parts availability was another reason i'd always resisted Zac pins.. but they sure are purrdy to look at!
I just figured i'd take a chance on it,  You only live once as the saying goes  :D

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »
Great pickup, love the look of Zac's and the time bridge shot can be quite challenging as well.

You do have to source some Zac flippers for it though and get the other two working.

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
Nice pick up.. looks like the neon is out?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »
I just repaired a Farfalla, and 2 weeks ago - a Devil Rider's (which will be for sale soon). These are really cool games to play and are reliable. I love working on them. If you ever need help, contact David at ;

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/

He is incredibly helpful. Nice game - these are really fun games to play when setup right.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:51 AM »
Very Colorful game. ^^^
I will have to try and go out of my way and find a Zaccaria to play. %$%
Every one I have seen on this forum has been very bright and really cool playfield and backbox art.

Regards Rich

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 03:02:16 AM »
I have a Farfalla with Homepins Mpu . Thanks Mike

Play is very challenging. Getting multiple extra balls is very rewarding.
I havent played Time Machine expect on the Zaccaria Pinball App.  It looks very cool with the playfield raising up and down.

David at zaccaria-pinball.com has spare parts . He should be able to get some flipper bats for you.

Also i had a weird problem come up on my game were it would blow the solenoid fuse on the power supply regularly. I went over it a hundred times . All coils were good. All diodes were good, it was doing my head in. Turned out to be a board grounding problem. Replaced some dodgy board mounting screws and it has been working perfectly since.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »

Yes Gav, the neon is missing completely unfortunately, the game was a bit of a basket case originally with a few missing parts including the 2nd set of flipper mechs, how you see the game now with the rubbers in their place is how it was when Martin got the game.

It actually plays pretty good as it is but obviously would be better with the four flippers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:24:35 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »

Yes Gav, the neon is missing completely unfortunately, the game was a bit of a basket case originally with a few missing parts including the 2nd set of flipper mechs, how you see the game now with the rubbers in their place is how it was when Martin got the game.

It actually plays pretty good as it is but obviously would be better with the four flippers.

Let me know if you want to replace it   ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »
Wow very cool game I just watched the below video on YouTube:) where they ahead of there time? I love the rising PF.
http://youtu.be/N8kFrZs9dq8

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »
Wow very cool game I just watched the below video on YouTube:) where they ahead of there time? I love the rising PF.
http://youtu.be/N8kFrZs9dq8

Next time you are in the neighborhood - drop in. I have a Devil Riders that is in excellent shape. All Zaccarias are fun to play once the stigmata of "they are impossible to fix" is overcome !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 10:13:28 AM »
Never seen this game but it looks GREAT! Love the art on ZAC's and the nifty playfield ideas they have  ()
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:17:05 AM by goodolddays »
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »
for the adelaide guys,there is a MAGIC CASTLE and  STAR GOD at gamesroom essentials,cavern.both mine.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
Nice pick up, love the look of this game (and most Zacs). I have a Zac EM, and amazed at the way the artwork/playfield holds up for all these years.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”