Author Topic: Pinball On Site Figures  (Read 478 times)

Offline Lachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia
    • LPrint Decal Printing
Pinball On Site Figures
« on: January 23, 2015, 12:15:11 AM »
Does anyone know any ballpark figures of roughly what is considered okay earnings and bad earnings, and also what sort of locations provide what turnover and so on. Also what sort of deal would I organise with the location 50/50?
http://lprint.weebly.com/ I can print decals, email me if you are interested.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball On Site Figures
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:46:24 AM »
60/40 if you can. Depends on how many patrons use the venue per week? Percentage of new customers to regular ones. You would want to be earning at least $30 per week to not only cover its power consumption but the wear and tear of the machine being on for long periods of time (DMD, connectors etc).

Operating pins for the most part is a flop, especially when they are by themselves. If you are purchasing a machine for the sole purpose of earning it's initial cost back, sorry but most likely won't happen.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:04:44 AM »
If you want to make money to fund a pinball, buy a snack and a drink machine and you will have a better chance.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:41:33 AM »
I speak to operators regularly.

Bottom line is that operating pinballs is a very risky proposition. You need video games to complement the pinballs. successful pinball sites are usually established arcades, selected pubs, movie centers and some family restaurants. A pinball on its own is not going to make you any money.

I had a operator in yesterday who just sold his route. There is simply no money in it, especially now that the price of NIB is unaffordable. As he said - "Spend $7000 - $8000 on a new pinnie to make $400 in your first week, $200 the next and then $50 for the next month.." He told me a great story about a sited "Old Chicago" - he removed it from site 5 years ago. According to the coin counter and his record keeping, it had made over $100,000 in earnings.

The days of making an earning on pinballs is well and truly over unless you own a timezone. Try a reliable machine in a pub, and expect $30 - $60 per week.. That might cover the public liability insurance..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Lachy

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia
    • LPrint Decal Printing
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 12:46:49 AM »

Bottom line is that operating pinballs is a very risky proposition. You need video games to complement the pinballs. successful pinball sites are usually established arcades, selected pubs, movie centers and some family restaurants. A pinball on its own is not going to make you any money.

I had a operator in yesterday who just sold his route. There is simply no money in it, especially now that the price of NIB is unaffordable. As he said - "Spend $7000 - $8000 on a new pinnie to make $400 in your first week, $200 the next and then $50 for the next month.." He told me a great story about a sited "Old Chicago" - he removed it from site 5 years ago. According to the coin counter and his record keeping, it had made over $100,000 in earnings.

The days of making an earning on pinballs is well and truly over unless you own a timezone. Try a reliable machine in a pub, and expect $30 - $60 per week.. That might cover the public liability insurance..

Looks like i'm just getting it for my own amusement then! Ill have to find something else to site, it seems all of the prize redemption machines are booming.
http://lprint.weebly.com/ I can print decals, email me if you are interested.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:58:13 AM »

Looks like i'm just getting it for my own amusement then! Ill have to find something else to site, it seems all of the prize redemption machines are booming.

Redemption machines are a nice introduction for kids to the pokies. Redemption would be the best method to earn onsite.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia