Author Topic: Today's Repair  (Read 4739 times)

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Today's Repair
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:33:30 AM »
       Repaired a Gottlieb "Sure Shot" today, Faults were
  • 1 Bent Coin Switches , shorting and game just keep adding credits
  • 2 EOS switches on score reels , two contacts missing : fixed 
      3 broken flipper bush , fixed, Also one stepper seized , but freed up and other steppers cleaned up ,  A good clean and polish, all new rubbers installed ,globes replaced  and or fixed , head box lights all working and game feature lamps. set the game on free play - no more bent switches! . Tightened flipper bats  and  a few other small tweaks, new ball and shooter spring etc.. [list
       Game had mylar and good backglass ... Playfield 9 BG 8+ , well worth it , lady owner very happy , has owned it 20 years , and game not working last 10!
    One-Ball!

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
    • Forum Posts:
    • The Oaks, NSW
    • Amongst clouds
    Re: Today's Repair
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:28:47 AM »
    Nice work. Great to see more lady owners. I love Sure Shot. Ed knew how to design simple and yet very challenging pinballs.
    If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
    If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
    If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
    • Administrator
    • Trade Count: (+9)
    • High Score Initials:
    • Forum Posts:
    • Melbourne
    • ABN 68 283 634 461
      • Ride The Boney Beast
    « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
    Nice work. Great to see more lady owners. I love Sure Shot. Ed knew how to design simple and yet very challenging pinballs.

+1

Great game. Nice to see it is repaired by competent person and can be enjoyed ! Well done Ralph !
    Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Forum Posts:
    • Riverstone NSW
    « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
    Great to hear
    I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
    • Trade Count: (+5)
    • High Score Initials:
    • Forum Posts:
    • Victoria
    « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:00:41 PM »

Nice work - be great if people carry out repairs and get permission to take some photos and post them here, I love looking at games!
    “If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
    • Stoneville
    « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 01:40:03 AM »
    Well a call today had me going to repair a  Williams" Space Mission"  This evening. Game not played for 9 years, First thing check steppers in the back box.
    Player unit seized up , took some singer oil and working to free up , Re-solder wire on to one coil . then free up the second stepper ( Credit unit ) Both units i made sure switches opened or closed as they should do and cleaned the wipers and contact rivets,
     A quick check of the switches , see them all move as they should.  
     Now lift the playfield and check all the relays on the base board ,all look good , Now service bonus unit and another stepper both mounted  below the playfield. Both needed a free up then a clean of the wiper blades and the rivets .
    Fix coins switches , all bent up!. Game set to free play . Game now working , Just had to clean switches of the bonus relay to get it to add bonus after ball had drained.
    A clean of the playfield and away she went ,  owner happy took 2 hours ...
    Game bit rough overall , showing it age  But nice enough to look at and plays well still , fun game with the swinging target,  B/G 6 and Playfield about 6  some wood showing from kicker holes ect and minor planking in a small area.
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:42:39 AM by ralph67 »
    One-Ball!

Offline pinwaz

• Forum Posts:
    • clackers
    « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 02:21:42 AM »
    Welldone ralph,
    really exciting you taking on these em and ss cool jobs.
    keep up the goodwork..
    Pinball its more than just a game

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
    • Stoneville
    « Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 01:42:03 AM »
     1... Gottlieb "Jungle Queen" . Fixed this game today, A older guy in city beach ,on the coast. Originally from Newcastle NSW, A old surfie and speedway motorcycle racer! .
    Okay now to the game. Not too much wrong , Game setting up correct but not firing the ball return coil ,to shoot ball out in to shooter lane.
     The BX( Last ball) relay had been pushed down by hand and some switches had come free and were not operating at all.
     Switches made good and cleaned up.
     Double bonus light not working , a switch on the double bonus relay , also cleaned switches on A B C relays next to the Double Bonus relay .
     A few small adjustments on ho;d relays . The guy had said it lost flipper power? so i checked them and made sure all EOS and  Flipper Switches worked properly,
    A good clean and a few bulbs replaced , BG 8+ PF 6 some planking.

2... Flipper Kits installed in 2 Williams games  . the same afternoon i worked at a friends replacing flipper parts on a Demo Man. Twilight Zone.
    Faults were 2 EOS swts , both missing contacts and ia wire broken. Both replaced
    Now replaced  Flipper links ( All flogged and 2 had home made links : (.
    Games played a lot better from the work and a good polish up ...
    One-Ball!

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
    • Stoneville
    « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:11:14 PM »
    Gottlieb "Solar City"
     Fault. Weak flipper. EOS switch not adjusted correctly , Fixed then showed owner how to fix incase it happens again.  Game Really nice for its     age   8/10...  

Bally "Xenon" .
     Game was rebooting! But then it stopped all together. Just a flicker the a dull glow on the LED and a hum that sounded not right .
     Replaced 5 connectors , New 12v filter cap ,Memory Cap installed, CPU still locked up  !@#
     The Ram chip turned out to be dead 6810.
    That was after unplugging the SB. Bad( Vocalizer) sound board was causing the lock up i think. After i unplugged it , i could get the  CPU to flash a few times and then got the CPU to unlock.
    The Sound Rom Chips look as baked as a crack pipe smoker!. All the legs looked cooked and a few legs starting or have broken off . Hope to get a set burnt on monday night .
    Also new caps diodes etc to go into the Sound Board...

Bally "Kiss" poor old kiss , Not working for about 10 years.. Game needed Connectors, Memory cap installed and a few transistors replaced on  the SOL/DRV board some previous soldering work was shorting in a few places.
     All connectors on lamp board were cracked . Re- Soldered these and any that needed it , Game works well ...
     Game still all original , With manual and the Flyer for the game. even the broken and re-glued bumper caps and plastics.
     Faded cab . but nice still to look at , Playfield had loads of ball swirl but again  
     still looked good for its age with no real bad wear, owner has had the game for around 25 years ... BG very nice though ...

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:32:20 PM by ralph67 »
    One-Ball!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
    • Forum Posts:
    • perth
    « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 11:03:12 PM »
    Looks like the NEW career change is a buzz for you Dude.
    AWESOME, keep em coming with info for all.  ^^^
    If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
    • Stoneville
    « Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 03:47:56 AM »
    Cheers Andy , Going well , EM arcade machines Next! I have about 20 to repair for a collector...
    One-Ball!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Forum Posts:
    « Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
    Cheers Andy , Going well , EM arcade machines Next! I have about 20 to repair for a collector...

Not worth repairing... ill take them off his hands as a favour though... #@# #@#

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
    • Stoneville
    « Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »

Not worth repairing... ill take them off his hands as a favour though... #@# #@#
    Hey  Retropin  I may need a few parts for some of those games if you could help  Could i  semd you a pm if i need some bits?. He will be selling some , but nor sure which one's atm
    One-Ball!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
    • Forum Posts:
    • perth
    « Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »

[/quote]Hey  Retropin  I may need a few parts for some of those games if you could help  Could i  semd you a pm if i need some bits?. He will be selling some , but nor sure which one's atm
    [/quote]
    send them with ES ! %$%
    If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Forum Posts:
    « Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »
    Of course Ralph.. if I don't have some spare then old mate Daniel should. Between the two of us I reckon we could supply most of your needs or at least show you how we've overcome situations with obsolete parts..
    selling?? did I hear selling??... my ears have awoken to the sound of sweet music!..LOL