Author Topic: Today's Repair  (Read 4765 times)

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Re: Today's Repair
« on: February 13, 2015, 10:11:14 PM »
Gottlieb "Solar City"
 Fault. Weak flipper. EOS switch not adjusted correctly , Fixed then showed owner how to fix incase it happens again.  Game Really nice for its     age   8/10...  

Bally "Xenon" .
 Game was rebooting! But then it stopped all together. Just a flicker the a dull glow on the LED and a hum that sounded not right .
 Replaced 5 connectors , New 12v filter cap ,Memory Cap installed, CPU still locked up  !@#
 The Ram chip turned out to be dead 6810.
That was after unplugging the SB. Bad( Vocalizer) sound board was causing the lock up i think. After i unplugged it , i could get the  CPU to flash a few times and then got the CPU to unlock.
The Sound Rom Chips look as baked as a crack pipe smoker!. All the legs looked cooked and a few legs starting or have broken off . Hope to get a set burnt on monday night .
Also new caps diodes etc to go into the Sound Board...

Bally "Kiss" poor old kiss , Not working for about 10 years.. Game needed Connectors, Memory cap installed and a few transistors replaced on  the SOL/DRV board some previous soldering work was shorting in a few places.
 All connectors on lamp board were cracked . Re- Soldered these and any that needed it , Game works well ...
 Game still all original , With manual and the Flyer for the game. even the broken and re-glued bumper caps and plastics.
 Faded cab . but nice still to look at , Playfield had loads of ball swirl but again  
 still looked good for its age with no real bad wear, owner has had the game for around 25 years ... BG very nice though ...

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:32:20 PM by ralph67 »
One-Ball!