Author Topic: WTB DE Star Wars and Shrek  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Dimsims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
Re: WTB DE Star Wars and Shrek
« on: May 03, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
I personally travelled the entire country buying machines from container importers.
I saw the cost prices paid by the importers who were and became mostly good friends.

Games like Star Wars Data East were C grade titles and honestly were being offered for retail $1400 to $1800 in QLd espescially. Lower for nice but needing attention, higher at 1800 for plug n play n needing absolutely nothing. If I didnt see at least 50 of these and almost every title you can imagine come out of containers, I would be underestimating the numbers easily. These games were on offer by overseas container exporters for $400 to $600 max.
I remember sitting with many importers and suggesting what titles to pick and why wtc.

A Data East Star Wats is not worth more than $4 K even if it was owned by the President of the USA.

I was buying brand new Sterns like ACDC Pro or X Men Pro or Star Trek Pro etc etc and so on for close to 6 grand and mid to just over mid 6 grand in BNIB - brand spanking new. 

May I ask how long ago was this ?

If it was when the AUD was around 1 to 1, then with what the AUD is now, then that explains some of the value ?