Author Topic: WTB DE Star Wars and Shrek  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: WTB DE Star Wars and Shrek
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »
Both DE Stars Wars in my inventory are reserved for Presidents  %$%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
WTB DE Star Wars and Shrek
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »
Gunners is a great game :) maybe theme has alot to do with it but it has an awesome rule set :) and amazing art work, I love playing it when I visit my buddy in Albury :)

Sorry for hijack but Andy started it lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »
I personally travelled the entire country buying machines from container importers.
I saw the cost prices paid by the importers who were and became mostly good friends.

Games like Star Wars Data East were C grade titles and honestly were being offered for retail $1400 to $1800 in QLd espescially. Lower for nice but needing attention, higher at 1800 for plug n play n needing absolutely nothing. If I didnt see at least 50 of these and almost every title you can imagine come out of containers, I would be underestimating the numbers easily. These games were on offer by overseas container exporters for $400 to $600 max.
I remember sitting with many importers and suggesting what titles to pick and why wtc.

A Data East Star Wats is not worth more than $4 K even if it was owned by the President of the USA.

I was buying brand new Sterns like ACDC Pro or X Men Pro or Star Trek Pro etc etc and so on for close to 6 grand and mid to just over mid 6 grand in BNIB - brand spanking new. 

May I ask how long ago was this ?

If it was when the AUD was around 1 to 1, then with what the AUD is now, then that explains some of the value ?

Without checking my home computer cause I am out in the car, travelled widely and saw containers bought in and unloaded dozens of times over For a 3 year plus period around 2008 to about late 2011 if not a bit later.
Importers in Qld were always buying more and paying less. I think people in other states were paying more but the QLders were buying containers like there was a mad gold rush going on.
If it wasn't for the glut n cheap pricing I wouldn't have packed my Santa stocking with well over 50 pins in only a 3 year period.
I don't think the dollar really had anything to do with it. The prices pins could be had for were chicken feed from the Euro container sellers. And the myth that only junk came from Euro imports was exactly that, a myth.
Most machines I saw pulled out of many containers were in excellent n working condition.

Have seen a few containers come in this last 24 months and the pricing was
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »

Good to see Bill Clinton and George Bush can afford those prices. Well done.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 07:35:37 PM »

Good to see Bill Clinton and George Bush can afford those prices. Well done.

And the final machines the customers will be getting from you will be fully restored plus all the clear oats and the machines will be as good as they could ever be. That will be worth the $ any day of the week.

Is Monica going to give you a hand with the strip down since Bill Clinton is a customer.
I hear Monica likes to help with the vacuuming/suction jobs.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »
Gunners is a great game :) maybe theme has alot to do with it but it has an awesome rule set :) and amazing art work, I love playing it when I visit my buddy in Albury :)

Sorry for hijack but Andy started it lol

He - yeah sorry, my fault. Gunners is indeed a great DE - you can't go wrong with the colour scheme - looks great anywhere. Bonus is it's a great player. Back to the OP (apologies) - Gruntis is WTB DE Star Wars & Shrek!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
Here's a DE SW on evilbay if your still after one:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Original-Star-Wars-Pinball-Machine-/191620419907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c9d779143

Could be anything though as the seller hasn't put up the actual pictures of the machine  ^&^

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Original-Star-Wars-Pinball-Machine-/191620419907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c9d779143

Could be anything though as the seller hasn't put up the actual pictures of the machine  ^&^

Yeah - it's the ol' "bait & switch" but the seller is very transparent that it's mere bait  :lol   Mind u isn't there a $7k Star Wars on evilbay? (or might have been gumtree).
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »

Yeah - it's the ol' "bait & switch" but the seller is very transparent that it's mere bait  :lol   Mind u isn't there a $7k Star Wars on evilbay? (or might have been gumtree).

"Made when the original Star Wars movies came out."

Hmmm, I seem to recall the movies came out in the 1970's and 80's, and this game in 1992......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 09:27:51 PM »

Could be anything though as the seller hasn't put up the actual pictures of the machine  ^&^

Yeah - it's the ol' "bait & switch" but the seller is very transparent that it's mere bait  :lol   Mind u isn't there a $7k Star Wars on evilbay? (or might have been gumtree).

"Made when the original Star Wars movies came out."

Hmmm, I seem to recall the movies came out in the 1970's and 80's, and this game in 1992......
maybe he meant 'came out on DVD'
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 02:21:22 PM »
It's not nice that this stuff happens really. And some unsuspecting 1st time buyer may be sucked in. I paid a bit too much for my 1st pin - but I've never regretted it because it was from an AP member, had been fully stripped etc by him with quite a few expensive mods - & it was still $1,000 less than a dealer was asking for a really dodgy example, unmodded, no leds, apparently fully "workshopped" which seemed to mean he'd wiped it over & touched the cab up with black spray paint. I guess it happens with everything though - need to do your homework or know people.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »
I reckon I've paid too much for all my games. Hobbies generally cost people too much. I convert my hobby money by what it cost me to buy, the fun of the chase, resto etc and then the enjoyment of owning and playing. I have no intentions of profiting and don't expect to. But I'm not saying its right for people to be ripped off and I know of savvy buyers who have had great wins buy wise and sales wise
Still loving my Metallica Premium