Author Topic: Cosmic Princess Cabinet Photos Needed For Restoration  (Read 1152 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Cosmic Princess Cabinet Photos Needed For Restoration
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:27:03 AM »
Its about time I pulled my finger out! I need to start restoring my Cosmic Princess.

I am chasing some photos to give to Gav to make some stencils for the cabinet artwork.

My machine was given to me by a mate who passed away a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately he stripped all the artwork off. He had done drawings by using clear film then drawing the artwork onto the film but I really don't want to make the stencils by hand from them, would be a bloody nightmare to cut, especially around her hair  @.@

We discussed this in an old Cosmic Princess thread and correct me if I am wrong mate, but I think Gav needs square on pics of cabinet, front, header sides and also dimension verification.

Any help would be much appreciated!  *%*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Cosmic Princess Cabinet Photos Needed For Restoration
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:50 AM »
Yes, as square on as possible and preferably not with a phone.. youd be surprised just how crappy these are when blown up for fine detail.
Cant emphasis the square on part enough. Even then, the chances are that the camera is tilted slightly forward or back throwing the picture out. I can straighten somewhat using Photoshop but it only does so much and can only be used for "fine" adjustment.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info mate hopefully I can get some stencils made and get the old girl up and running again.
Need to sell the car that the back glass is safely residing in whilst out of the game too  :lol

Offline Sinbad79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »
What i did for my galaxy artwork was actually trace the layout onto tracing paper, took it to officeworks and had them scan it into digital format, then had it vectorised.

If someone can trace the artwork for you on tracing paper and send it over to you or Gav - then the rest is easy.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 01:33:49 AM »
then the rest is easy

$$(

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
then the rest is easy

$$(

Well OK thats over simplifying it, point is, vectorising from a photo or from 1:1 scans, its the same process.
1:1 scans are probably more accurate.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »
I do actually have 1:1 tracings but I was pretty sure Gav would rather work from photos. Which looks to be the case  :lol

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
How'd u go with this KTM? Any progress to share?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline greenechidna

• Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
Mitch ("Mr Pinbologist") has a few of these and knows them backwards. He should be able to sort you.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
No luck yet, I think I may have someone lined up though

Offline pinballsales

• Forum Posts:
How's your restoration going? Were you able to find good artwork to restore and use for your machine? It would be awesome to see some pictures of your progress, hope you got a good source for inspiration and a lot of modern computer graphics program to back you up.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
No luck yet, may have to remind the guy I had lined up for photos, he had an injury and could not move his machine around to take the pics.
If anyone else has one they can take cab pics of let me know

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 10:26:02 AM »
I'm still good for photos however im still am unable to move the pin. I don't have a lifter and though my arm is no longer broken heavy lifting hurts. I have some mates coming over today so lemme see if I can hit em up for a hand. Sorry I'm not avoiding but just can't move the bugger.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
No sweat mate, I'm not in any rush, that's why I didn't want to bother you.  I know breaks can take time to repair back to full strength.
Rest up and I'll remind you again in a couple of months to see if you are up for it  ^^^

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »
Files now available via Dropbox.  :D

PM with deets sent.

Z
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:40:28 AM by Zedman »