Author Topic: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party  (Read 1265 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 11:27:35 PM »
Good to read everyone's comments. Keeping that excitement going.

I felt like a little kid again when I played one in Newtown last week. Seeing a game that I want to own in the corner of the pub and not only does it have hot pink legs and rails to make it stand out, it had a brand new ColorDMD.

I'd played TSPP a few times many years ago when I'd just started out in the hobby, but I hadn't played many games to compare it to, so it didn't totally amaze me. Last week was really a wow. So much to shoot for, so many different modes and animations and the ColorDMD just really took it to another level.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:33 AM »
Deepest Stern machine made, IMO. Part of the classic Stern trilogy - TSPP, SM and LOTR.

Nothing beats Keith Johnson's programming skills in the last 15 years.

Keep the excitement going, DL - there are now 3 TSPP machines listed on ebay.  #@#

Maybe we can manage to summon a reasonably priced fourth for you out of the woodwork?  #*#

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »
Sheesh, they're everywhere. Was that one on ebay last year?

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 10:09:12 AM »
Haha put an offer in to buy outside of eBay and got the response.

"Thank you, but this is a rare unused collector's item and will go for more than $7500."

Let's break this down.

Rare - there's two others on ebay at the moment.
Unused - pretty sure it's been used considering its on its legs and there's a "free play" card on it.
Collector's item - isn't everything a collector's item these days?

;-)

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »
Well, weekend in Melbourne is now over and heading home. No TSPP action. Bumpity bump. Keeping this thread alive.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »
FOUND!!!!

This week, a local guy was kind enough to pick up my "working project" in Melbourne and delivered it Monday arvo. He's a relatively new pinhead and picked himself up a Batman the Dark Knight and Star Wars Episode 1 at the same time.

I now own The Simpsons Pinball Party. I think I had two games on it and chose to start restoring and then play it when it's in better condition. Am taking lots of photos, so I will post a thread to document the transformation.

Cheers!
Adam

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
Great work! Great game will go with your collection nicely.

There is a beater at the Sunshine cinemas here (not even worth playing) and I was tempted to find out who to make an offer to. Missus canned that idea though.. !@)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
Congrats mate, well done.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Cursed, I went down this road to get a cheaper machine, but also having fun with the tinkering side.

Had planned to re-decal, but got the lollipop side rails to cover the wear around the flipper buttons (right down to the wood) for now and gave the cabinet a clean with sugar soap today. Removed all the years of grime. It's looking much nicer than when it arrived and have hardly started the restoration.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 08:04:35 PM »
Nice pickup Adam, have fun with the restore. I'll be knocking on your door for a game once you've finished.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
Nice one Adam judging by the pics you sent me it'll keep you busy but after some elbow grease I'm sure it'll look fantastic :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »
Can u post pictures to the thread.

Would love to see your machine. Before and after, it's all good.
I am assuming the Playfield is good, over and above the grime u mentioned.
Did u go with std black full side rail flipper guards or just the round add on piece which also works well.
Are you going with Std lighting candescents bulbs or are you going full LED etc ?

Lots of fun making a new pin uniquely personal. Love this title. Playfield and toys are awesome.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
Yeah, pics pics pics - please!

CoT when did u swap to mercs? Weren't u on Fords or something? What's that you've got there? Anyway gd to see you driving a German car - there IS a difference - a big one.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 01:16:28 AM »
Yeah, pics pics pics - please!

CoT when did u swap to mercs? Weren't u on Fords or something? What's that you've got there? Anyway gd to see you driving a German car - there IS a difference - a big one.

In answer to your question. Loved Fords as a kid. Purchased Fords always for Sturdy business vehicles plus Toyotas for business. Always loved Benz for personal. Pic on my avatar is from Benz website.
Will be my next car purchase. 2015 C Class. Years of planning and saving hard. Nothing comes easy.

Back to the Simpsons Pinball, everyone loves this title.
People walk into a room and see a Simpsons Pinball machine and most people are blown away.
Along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinny, Simpsons is the most loved best eye candy for young people to get into pinball. My 5 year old son saw a Simpsons at a friends house and he ran accross the room like a missile.
Some cool mods avail for Simpsons Pinball as well. Pics are always great.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:19:34 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 01:18:29 AM »
Will start a thread tomorrow with pictures and will keep it updated. Looking forward to those parts arriving!

Brett, I had a better feeling tonight after seeing just the grime removed from the cabinet. It has a few dings and scrapes, but it's now more vibrant with that brown waxy layer removed.

The playfield I am mostly happy with, but the biggest challenge is that the op who owned it installed a post slap bang below the flippers. My dad is going to do some handiwork with filling the holes (one wasn't enough it would seem and the op had two goes at it) and I have created an overlay decal. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Apart from that, the orange couch was smashed up and daggy old flipper rubbers will need to be replaced. Metal wireforms are getting cleaned and maybe re-chromed.

Lollipop side rails arrived from AMD on Thursday. Installed today. They hid the wear around the flipper buttons nicely. After I get round to re-decaling machine, will put the original rails back on to show off artwork more. My dad spent his spare time this week removing the rust and re-spraying the lock down bar, rails and legs. Will owe him a carton of beer or two after this.

Apart from the other issues, the playfield will look great once it gets a proper clean....and the good part is that I can LED the whole machine as I go.