Author Topic: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party  (Read 1247 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »
Hi all,
I'm currently looking to buy The Simpsons Pinball Party. Preferably in excellent condition with minimal cabinet wear or fade.

I will be travelling to Melbourne next weekend, so I might be able to check a machine out when I'm down there if anyone has any leads.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »
Hey Adam any luck on the hunt?

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:42:48 PM »
Nothing yet, Pete.

Something always pops up eventually. Will just keep putting the word out there.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »
One of the hardest games to scource in Australia.

No one wants to sell them and when they do they want top dollars.

Try chasing one in the USA. It will be easier to find and at a better price but only a commercial seller in the USA will know how to export it for you. Or try talking Nino into getting u one if he can find one for his next container if he is doing another container one day ? Hope u find one.
I have rang around a dozen big collectors in QLD and no one wants to sell unfortunately.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
Many thanks, Brett. I really appreciate your help.
 $#$

I have thought about the import option, but will give it a while and see if anything pops up first.

I originally thought that I would have to import a Family Guy, but then I found a lightly sited one for the money I was happy to pay. It has a few dings and scratches, but relatively minor that I'm able to do some paint touch ups. I would be happy to find a Simpsons in similar condition. I'm not that pedantic where something needs to be the magical Home Use Only that gets bandied around in ebay auctions, but want something to match my other machines.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »
Hope you find one ^^^
I'm still looking for a tspp. I ended up getting a CV  in the mean time.

Come one Stern give us a vault simpsons &&

Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
Hope you find one ^^^
I'm still looking for a tspp. I ended up getting a CV  in the mean time.

Come one Stern give us a vault simpsons &&

Sheesh! I thought you would have sourced one by now. CV is an AWESOME looking machine, so I don't blame you getting sidetracked.

I'm trying to tick TSPP off the list now. One of my last grail machines.....then Back to the Future and KISS. It never ends!

Did you see TSPP on Gumtree in Sydney for $4500 last week? I got an e-mail notification at 5:30 in the morning. Had e-mailed them for photos before 7. Got a reply at 9:30 a.m. to say it had sold already. WoW!!!

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »
There's one going for sale on AA and is also advertised on eBay. In great shape from pics and the seller is honest. $6500 is the price but he's open to offers.

Just bought one myself from a local site. They sold it cause it wasn't making any money.When I played a game it was obvious why it wasn't making money none of the flippers had any power, ball would just dribble off them. Could barely see the playfield through the dirt and 90% of the globes were blown.

Cleaned up alright but now just waiting on flipper rebuild kits, rubber kit and a lot of leds. Also have to work out why the fluro isn't working.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
There's one going for sale on AA and is also advertised on eBay. In great shape from pics and the seller is honest. $6500 is the price but he's open to offers.

Just bought one myself from a local site. They sold it cause it wasn't making any money.When I played a game it was obvious why it wasn't making money none of the flippers had any power, ball would just dribble off them. Could barely see the playfield through the dirt and 90% of the globes were blown.

Cleaned up alright but now just waiting on flipper rebuild kits, rubber kit and a lot of leds. Also have to work out why the fluro isn't working.

Heya,
yes, have been sent pictures of this machine and despite having a nice playfield, am going to wait for one with a better cabinet. Also had to factor in courier from QLD to country NSW which would have made it all too pricey for me.

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
Do you know Prowler from AA? He transports pins from Qld to Melbourne making stops all the way down. I've used him a number of time and he's reliable and the price is good. Not sure how far inland he goes but might be worth a look. Also wouldn't count on finding a tspp with a cab in much better shape. I've had two and seen a number of others and the cabs have all been the same.

I traded my last tspp with a member who's on both forums, can't remember what he goes by here but on AA his user name is Grimlock. He made up a set of side decals that looked great. If he's open to sharing you could perhaps get his files to print out a set, might actually try for a set.

Anyway good luck in your search, it's a great game.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
Yep, got a quote off Prowler and will definitely use him where possible.

I've considered the option of custom decals, but for me to sand back a Simpsons, I'd want to find a real beater that is cost effective to do that. There was a Pinside post where someone supplied the background image and as a challenge, I was trying to make up my own decals. Even finding a trashed TSPP would be a challenge.

Thanks for the help!

Adam.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »
I have the vector image files for the cab/headbox art if you need them for when you find a beater and want to try a redecal.

Most machines should be in fairly good condition I would have thought? Apart from some cabinet fade and some flipper button wear.

I know the first run of machines has the standard siderails - most of them have severe wear around the flipper buttons. In subsequent runs, Stern swapped over to lollipop style siderails which was a marked improvement for artwork durability.

EDIT:
My machine is a Euro first run which has had lollipop siderails added later - I just checked and the artwork underneath the siderail is obliterated.  ^.^

Good luck with the search.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:44:01 PM by pinsanity »

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:35 AM »
The vector files would be awesome. Will see how I go with vectorising first. I've found a few tutorials on drawing The Simpsons characters in Illustrator, so using that as a reference.

Will see what turns up in my search.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 12:56:15 AM »
No problems.

I got the file off a guy in Europe who did them but I never got around to getting them printed or anything so have never checked for accuracy.

While on the topic, just digging through files and I've got the DE Simpsons ones as well if anyone needs them. No idea why, as I don't have the machine.   ^&^

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »
Pinsanity,

Would love a copy of the vector files. Mine has real bad flipper wear and I'd like to try and make something similar to the stealth protectors but with artwork.
Sent you a PM

Now back on track   #@#

Again good luck joining the TSPP club  ^^^  Will post any leads I come across