Author Topic: help needed fixing Abra ca dabra  (Read 1378 times)

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
help needed fixing Abra ca dabra
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:57:39 PM »
I have a Abra ca dabra that turns on,lights up,resets target,but no go on flippers,any thing on play field no go and no scoring.  the 3 fuses on bottom board OK. were do I start wise ones! @@^

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: help needed fixing Abra ca dabra
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Is the Tilt light illuminated ?
Are the score wheels resetting ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:03:21 PM by millsy »
pinballaustralia.com

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »
when you turn pin on from power point TILT light is on ,then when you press start botton tilt light is off,
cheers cam

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Does the game over light on the backbox go off?  Does the ball in play unit count to 1?  Does the ball kick out into the shooter lane?
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
press game start,game over light not on,ball count lights not on,ball does go into shootout lane,if you grab ball and put down drain it shoots it out to shooting lane but the ball count is showing nothing. Back box is missing key ,I will open and see if bulbs are OK. thanks for info,it would be great to sort it out...
cheers cam

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
Got back boor open,have checked bulbs in ball count and game over,OK ,cleaned sockets and bulbs ,put back in sockets. where now!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »
Hard to say as they are all different.  But open it up and first check that each relay moves freely and that each stepper unit moves as it should.  If everything moves freely give all the contacts a clean with a buisiness card and see how you go then.  If tis doesnt make sence let me know and ill take some pics to demonstrate what i mean

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
This idea may help you -http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=583.0you can operate everything,activating relays etc,even play the game.Found this way helped me work out how everything works.I used a long stick to activate relays (still scared of getting zapped)  !*!
Millsy
pinballaustralia.com

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »
OK,clean ball count unit(switches) checked both soleniods (cleaned)  was sticky in steper so cleaned adjusted a tight screw ,now steps up and resets down. Turn on pin and goes. Flippers work and scores ,went though scoring by hand and advancing bonus ,when it toped bonus at 5000 it makes a buzzing noise  ,coming from credit wheell (steper) ..So I turned pin off..Restarted and did same buzzing noise.I then moved the credit wheel position (I think it was on 0 )  to 2 .To see if the buzzing would stop and turned game on, lights looked dim as half powered  and then game stopped ...Shit... Only back glass lights on now...game will not start now, just the back lights on...Have set credit wheel on 0 credits with all 3 switches on the credit wheel are set closed..
Tryed puting paper in 3rd switch from the back glass but still will not start..
The previous owner said it worked,who knows?
It has had the chimes taken out and 2 meters put in their place, the wiring to that looks simple 2 wires conected to the free game knocker and one to the bottom board (pin going to coin door)  so that looks halmless ,so I have removed it(cut the 3 wires) this has not changed any other wiring loops.
I think I might "have a go" at returning to original, the pin conectors  at bottom board to coin door,They have been modified with I think a diode and a high power resistor.
I have a SPIN OUT GTB I can copy off,I think I can get it back to standard and the coin door wiring.Then after this have a go at getting it going again.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT AS A PLAN? !@#

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »
1st photo is the pin conector block  ,(coin door to bottom board)
2nd is the meters I have removed

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Here is a shot of the game,I gave a quick clean to the right side of playfield.Will wait till game goes and then rebuild playfield with new posts and lanes,repair plastics (some how)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
Thats going to come up great check out the bright colors

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »
OK, have taken off old modifications to coin door ,back to standard.still didn't start ,tilt switch in back box not contacting properly.cleaned and readjusted.Now goes!
When you turn it on from power point ,it lights up but tilt light on back glass is on!
Then you press game start,tilt light goes off,game resets score reels,pops ball into shooting lane,backglass says 1st ball(all good)
Now when you get bonus up to maxium(5000) the knocker  knocks a game,credit wheel goes to 1 game BUT THERES A BUZZING SOUND coming from credit wheel coils (2 of them).sounds bad so I turn pin off.Go through sequence again and does same thing... ^.^
It's like some switch or relays stuck? I don't know @@^

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 08:31:27 AM »
Hard to diagnose these problems over the intrnet site unseen, so it may take a few posts.  Heres a few things to check:

1.  It is normal when you turn on a Gottlieb game that it goes straight to tilt until the first game is played.

2. Is the humming coming from the knocker coil?  When it hums check if it is this coil that is energised. There is a contact that makes on the credit wheel as it gives a credit that energises this coil.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:18:23 AM by Dean Morgan »
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 09:08:08 AM »
Is the bonus meant to reset after paying a credit for 5000? If so the buzzing may be from the bonus trying to reset. Dirty contact or something else?