Author Topic: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!  (Read 19670 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
So is our country flooded with crap from China? That's a worry  ^&^

No, read my post above about Chinese quality and Cavey makes a valid point. Most of the problems arise because WESTERN buyers either lack the appropriate knowledge OR are greedy and squeeze the supplier to the bottom cent.

China is every bit as capable, possibly more so, of making first class ANYTHING as pretty well any other country it's just that buyers and large retailers CHOOSE to screw the supplier as low as possible to boost their bottom line and that's when the problems start. They put a man in space - you can't do that by cutting corners and making shit!

My old man used to always say:

"You can't make cream out of cow shit" - this is so true in China - if you want cheap you will get it, but don't expect it to be the same high quality as something that is a little more expensive.

There is a fine balance that I tread EVERY day here with my suppliers. I have most of them trained now and that's why I like to stick with the same ones where possible. That last $0.50 that you want as a discount on the $5 item (that retails in Australia for $80) means the difference between a good, merchantable product and something that is going to be made cutting corners and likely to give you quality and recall problems.

I NEVER squeeze my suppliers to their "lowest price" because I know what happens - I have seen it dozens of times.

I laugh when I hear people say "Made in China CRAP"! They are very ignorant of exactly what is going on and just how THEY are the mugs being manipulated, and NOT by the Chinese either - blame your OWN countrymen for 90% of the problems you may ever have with "Made in China" items!

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals