Author Topic: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!  (Read 19684 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
All of my comments are not referring to buying a single item on Fleabay but rather container loads. If you are buying one or small volumes especially from an eBay seller - well, good luck is all I can say.

maybe you should have read the Title of the thread

you calling people fools for buying from Chinese sellers but at the same time saying china isnt crap
Which one is it?

I believe I have explained myself very clearly but let me say it again perhaps simplified:

If you are buying "one off" from sites such as eBay - good luck. These sellers are most often working from home and sometimes cobbling together things such as experienced by the OP. The proliferation of online buying platforms such as eBay, Alibaba, MadeinChina.com and dozens of others has allowed many shonky sellers to take advantage - what you see on Alibaba as one example is not necessarily what the "company" will be.

If you are an importer OR wish to buy larger quantities then you MUST be in China to buy and supervise or you may not get what you think you are buying. The people that irk me are the ones who come to China for a few days, maybe they attend a trade show and suddenly they are experts on all things China. It doesn't work that way.

China makes all levels of quality, if (as an importer) you are NOT prepared to BE IN CHINA to buy and supervise then I advise DON'T do it.

They can and DO make high quality as well as crap - Australia makes crap as well.

My comments are that you really must have a "hands on" approach if you hope to buy well from China.

I live in China and I conduct business here every day - I really couldn't care if you take notice of my comments or not, please yourself. I believe I am in a pretty strong position to comment on things that happen here but maybe some don't agree with that?

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals